Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, buying a 2013 mav in the next few days, have always had Polaris before this purchase and wanted to buy the xp 1000, until now. went and checked out/drove the mav today, and the guys at Michael's Reno powersports offered me a price I couldn't refuse!! Never owned a can am and hoping its as badass as you all say!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Drive both but what you like

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Go the the Rzr forum and look at all
The problems with the xp1000 and you will be reassured lol. And just look at the built quality of both machines and your choice will
Be clear. Mav all the way!!! Plus 5500 in your pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a XP900 that I sold and I bought a Maverick. (I have had several Can Ams and still have a 1000 Renegade) I like the power of the Maverick better and also the engine breaking. I also like not having to change wheel bearings or bushings every few weeks. The Maverick seems to handle better for me than the XP. But, the Maverick doors are a POS compared to what you can get for a XP. They are flimsy due to the mounting points. The Maverick doesn't have the ground clearance that a XP does. The only problem I have had with mine is bending the right rear tie rod and breaking the left rear tie rod. The Maverick isn't perfect but the XP isn't either. Over all I like mine and wouldn't trade it for a XP1000.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, there it is again written in black & white, clear as day!! Well said.
I think we all agree that no SxS is perfect and they each have weakness'. But in the end its about what weakness' can you accept and deal with the easiest. Once you get those weakness' handled, then you can have a high quality machine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, but to help a little with the ground clearance I bought a set of high clearance a-arms for the front and when Reed gets his ready to sell I will buy a set for the rear. So the problem can almost be fixed if you will just spend a little money.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hey guys, buying a 2013 mav in the next few days, have always had Polaris before this purchase and wanted to buy the xp 1000, until now. went and checked out/drove the mav today, and the guys at Michael's Reno powersports offered me a price I couldn't refuse!! Never owned a can am and hoping its as badass as you all say!
Welcome to the forum and you will enjoy your Maverick. If you want to do any customizing, check out TurnKey UTV down in Carson City. They have lots of goodies for the Maverick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Don't worry so much. It is, and you will be pleasantly surprised with it

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
buy it and enjoy the quality difference !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What extra electronics are you talk g about?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks for all the input guys, anyone had problems with the extra electronics in the can am?
the most common noted electrical problem was no 4X4 functionality (wouldn't shift in or out of 4X4) or loss of switch lighting. Both are caused by a blown fuse. Most probable cause was water on the 12vdc accessory port. Keep the rubber cap on tight when you wash it or it will short out and blow the fuse. Otherwise, no real notable electrical issue to speak of.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
the most common noted electrical problem was no 4X4 functionality (wouldn't shift in or out of 4X4) or loss of switch lighting. Both are caused by a blown fuse. Most probable cause was water on the 12vdc accessory port. Keep the rubber cap on tight when you wash it or it will short out and blow the fuse. Otherwise, no real notable electrical issue to speak of.
And those issues are more operator error than Can-Am issues

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
agreed...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts