Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a aluminum roof on my cage and now have some crazy vibration . the noise is so loud it hurts your ears . has anyone ran into this and if so , let me know your fix pls

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dynamat with rubber floor mat over that. Did the roof and doors and it doesn't echo or rattle with high noise levels inside the cab anymore.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That's an interesting solution! Nice job.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I already had the foam rubber strip where it contacted the cage, but it still rattled. I'm thinking about adding one more pair of clamps on the side tubes towards the front to anchor in another spot too.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
is the vibration from metal on metal contact or is the roof resonating at a specific rpm?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you already have the sticky back foam tape in place, then you either have a loose connection somewhere or you may need more conneting points.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It would be nice to stiffen up the aluminum roof with a bead roller. I think that would help them a bit with noise.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Self tapping large screws thru the roof to the cage. I been thinking bout them but haven't don't it yet.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Self tapping large screws thru the roof to the cage. I been thinking bout them but haven't don't it yet.
That is a thought that has crossed my mind since with all the gadgetry and wiring I have hanging off my roof, it would never be removed anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
anyone try the pro armor 3-piece aluminum roof? Was going to get a roof next month and liked the look of it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts