Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Do any of you use this trailer for hauling your Max RR?
what are your thoughts?

If it fits, it ships! What's your tow vehicle?

That said, I use a 7 (84) x 14 (168) for my 64" two seat X3. I like wiggle room. And there's a couple extra feet for gas cans or a tool box or whatever...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a RAM TRX for tow vehicle.
good point on tongue weight
I was told that one should not tow a SXS facing backwards if you have windshield -- ???

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
you just spent a considerable amount of money on your ride..why chance trashing it by cheaping out on a trailer? get a double axle with brakes and be WAY safer.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was told that one should not tow a SXS facing backwards if you have windshield -- ???
correct you do not want to tow a sxs backwards with a windshield on an open trailer. it can case the windshield stress and possibly even rip it off your ride while going down the highway. I believe you can get around this issue by adding a rear solid windshield, but i'm not 100% on that. I have a 16' tandem steel trailer and park my rig forward facing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My problem is a tight space for storage of a tandem axle trailer. BTW these come with electric breaks

·
Registered
346 Posts
something to consider with tandem axles trailers. They are WAY harder to maneuver around when you are do so by hand (not sure if you application would require it though), but they are way safer!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
don't they make 14' tandems?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It is a good way to throw a windshield at the cars behind you. The ram is enough tow pig you wont care about a tandem, but if you got a flat somewhere and didn't have a spare, you would only have to pull a tire and you're motoring on.

·
Registered
2021 XRC Turbo
30 Posts
I have a 7212HSLR and it’s a great trailer. I am adding another torsion axle to it this winter and brakes. In hindsight I should have gotten a tandem 77 wide, but I can still add an axle, brakes, and tires for less than 3k so it is what it is. Get a tandem and don’t be me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys -- Tandem axle makes sense

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
great feedback to check my sanity --- I will get a tandem axle.
Thank you guys

Reactions: Quad2Sxs
1 - 20 of 82 Posts