Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked up this trailer yesterday and brought it home from Ridgecrest. Overall very impressed with the trailer. I have one minor issue so I'm hoping Aluma Rep on here will reach out to me.

Aluma 1024.jpg

I sure wish pictures would load...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trailers aren't cheap, but considering the only service items are tires, bearings, brakes the aluminum trailers pay for themselves over time. The sun is brutal here in the Central Valley and will tear some stuff up pretty quickly. I can't get over how light they are. Now I'm searching for an all aluminum toy hauler instead of lugging around a 19,000lb Weekend Warrior. I'm even considering going to aluminum trailers for my equipment.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have made a phone call and sent an email and have not received any response from Aluma on my issues. Here's what I sent Aluma. As of now, I wish I would have gone with a different brand that has better quality control.....

"Hello,
I purchased this trailer from a Dealer down in Ridgecrest, CA last Tuesday. On my way home the rubber strap that holds the bi fold ramp broke and also the pin that hold the two ramps (left & right) together broke. I had a hard time finding another strap that would match up. I ended up having to drill new holes for the new strap so that I could get the trailer home. (I didn’t have anything to tie it up and just went to a parts store I bought what I needed to have a new strap on). Since then, I’ve noticed that the holes aren’t drilled in the correct spot for the ramp braces to pin from the trailer to the ramp. This is causing strain on the pin that is supposed to hold the two together, and is causing it to break. I pulled the trailer about 100 miles yesterday and went through 2 additional pins. Also, the pins that go through the ramp into the brace do not have a shoulder to keep them from not shaking into the hole while driving down the road and binding them into the aluminum. I have to beat them with a hammer to get them loose. I’m extremely upset that I’m having these issues. Your trailers are much more expensive than others, and I understand why, but to have these issues on a brand new purchased trailer is ridiculous. Your quality control must be seriously lacking, as I would never put something like this on a dealers lot. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I’m on many of the forums that you are a vendor on, and I was excited to help promote your product, but as of now, I have some issues."

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: NO RESPONSE FROM ALUMA

I'm very disappointed in Aluma. I've had plenty of time to look over the trailer and am seeing how they must rush these trailers out the door as fast as possible. If anyone is in the market for an aluminum trailer, for the price your going to pay, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
268 Posts
seems like they don't respond on here at all either. disappointing i was considering going with there product too but not liking the way this sounds at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That’s a bummer. This weekend I sent them an email asking a question about mounting points on the 7814R that I just bought last week and I received a nice thorough response this morning. I used the form on their site to send in the email. Hope you get it taken care of properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts