Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since many say that using a light bar reflects too much dust at night, what other options are there?
I have a shock tower bar, but do you guys have any pictures of other lighting options and specifics to gather ideas?
I haven't seen too many other options for lights upfront other than the stock lights and a shock tower light bar.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice setup, this is what I am talking about in getting a better setup. Lightbars are 1990s

·
Premium Member
6,944 Posts
Nice setup, this is what I am talking about in getting a better setup. Lightbars are 1990s
Fred Flintstone and I still run a high mounted bar and find a use once in a while. Tim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Baja Designs 4 XL80s and 2 XL Pro Spots on LoneStar Front Bumper.

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
Registered
136 Posts
My other X3 has 40" Rigid Adapt light bar and the Baja Designs headlight kit. The headlights are a big improvement. The Adapt I use mostly as a spot.

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
We all run bumper mounted and some run shock tower mounted on our buggies here in the east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
So how well do you see after the first mudhole lol. I am not a mudder and my OEM lights are worthless after 20 minutes on the trail. I have BD ONx6 on the shock tower that gets pretty muddy not long into a ride. The 50" roof mounted Light bar stays the cleanest. I still need to clean it before I night ride.

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
Son of a bitch, no wonder I was struggling so bad. I though it was like a car and went just aft of the radiator! 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
So how well do you see after the first mudhole lol. I am not a mudder and my OEM lights are worthless after 20 minutes on the trail. I have BD ONx6 on the shock tower that gets pretty muddy not long into a ride. The 50" roof mounted Light bar stays the cleanest. I still need to clean it before I night ride.
We dodge the best we can. If we can’t smash the gas to bring the front end up. I usually wipe them off every stop also. I tried a light bar when it was new but it just reflexes off windshield and hood. I used light bar on my rzr because it didn’t seem to reflect near as bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
BD headlight kit, BD XL80s on a pillars, Rigid 10" shock tower, BD Squadrons at the rear. One more advantage of the individual lights over a light bar is the fact that they can be pointed in the direction you want them to go. Not all riding situations need light directly in front of you. That's one of the big advantages to BD's headlight kit IMO. You can aim some of them out, or point them all forward, whatever you choose for you and the way you ride.

In the dunes for example,,,, it's nice to be able to see "up" before you start going up etc. Same goes for sides,,, dedicated lights pointed out to the sides makes a HUGE difference to me. (trail or dunes)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts