Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Sand was hot and choppy! Busy around camp rzr otherwise not to bad. A person decide they did not like a ball joint on a wildcat and rolled a few times down a big bowl. The hired the snowcat to tow it out.

Got to test drive the xp1000 and was underwhelmed by the engine and general quality. Front suspension is nice. Then I test drove a Wildcat X and confirmed the suspension kicks ass and it is fun to drive in the dunes.

Then went to can am and took a Maverick for a spin. Love the sound of the rotax.

Also drove a friends xp900 in the dunes. It is an absolute blast to drive (Don't tell the Polaris faithful). It surprised me on how well it handled. Way more fun to drive than the xp1000.

Overall a great day in the dunes.

It was great to see mavericks and wildcats parked all over camp rzr

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
forgot to add the 3 setting power steering on the Maverick is really cool.

·
Registered
727 Posts
:disappointed:30-45 MPH winds, lots of rain and falling trees. Oh ya, I'm in Seattle area.-----no sand :tongue:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The sand was very choppy! I'd guess around 40,000 peeps. I spent most of the time assisting a friend n buying a xp1000 from one of the vendors in Camp rzr.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
It was very smart for the dealers to be there to purchase rides. I bet some of the dealers will be there on thanksgiving as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Any day out here is better then a day at work. Today and tomorrow should bbetter as all the people leave. Installed the rage 6 from airdam on Friday night on the commander, its a shame to have to hide that thing. Seen a turbo rzr doing wheelies yesterday at the drags. Got a coolie cup from the rzr people driving around, to bad canam wasn't doing the same. Weather was nice tee shirts and shorts all weekend, not to hot.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah weather was killer. Just enough of a Breeze to keep most dust down. Although camping too close to camp Rzr was dusty, but it was easy watching the evening movie on their big screen. Fireworks show was cool last night. Good show at Olds last night until bout 11:30 then it was bedtime. Sand was soft and I agree with others kinda choppy from all the traffic.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wanted to make olds last night but we had to send some people to el Centro instead.......lol some will understand.....wasn't me though.just got back from a ride to China, pretty empty out there. Commander wheelied up China with the rage 6 then launched off the top landed halfway down, and then she woke me up

·
Registered
410 Posts
Got to know my machine a bit in the choppy sand but we were able to find some pretty good lines still, can am booth gave me a free cvt belt and a tee shirt to wear around camp rzr. All together awesome time!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sand was hot and choppy! Busy around camp rzr otherwise not to bad. A person decide they did not like a ball joint on a wildcat and rolled a few times down a big bowl. The hired the snowcat to tow it out.

Got to test drive the xp1000 and was underwhelmed by the engine and general quality. Front suspension is nice. Then I test drove a Wildcat X and confirmed the suspension kicks ass and it is fun to drive in the dunes.

Then went to can am and took a Maverick for a spin. Love the sound of the rotax.

Also drove a friends xp900 in the dunes. It is an absolute blast to drive (Don't tell the Polaris faithful). It surprised me on how well it handled. Way more fun to drive than the xp1000.

Overall a great day in the dunes.

It was great to see mavericks and wildcats parked all over camp rzr
Wow! On a good weekend you can just do demos and not even have to bring you're own ride.
When are the toy hauler builders going to start demo camps so I don't have to pull my rig down there? I want to sleep in a different camper each night with a hot spokesmodel and thrash a different factory ride each day!

Reactions: Icky

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Wow! On a good weekend you can just do demos and not even have to bring you're own ride.
When are the toy hauler builders going to start demo camps so I don't have to pull my rig down there? I want to sleep in a different camper each night with a hot spokesmodel and thrash a different factory ride each day!
and just go camp site jumping at dinner time with a good story u can get free food ! shit and a few beers if u have a girl with ya to , lol

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
and just go camp site jumping at dinner time with a good story u can get free food ! shit and a few beers if u have a girl with ya to , lol
Sounds like somebody I know at dinner time!

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Is there any other way to camp? Lmao. I just made a day trip knowing I was going to demo the xp1000 and maybe drive my friends xp900. The rest was just a great bonus

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Sand was choppy, but with my shocks adjusted with almost 0 compression, and the rebound closed, with a little softer pre-load (3" front, 4 "rear) it wasn't bad at all. It was great to see so many Mav's out there. Several 4 seaters, and a crap load of 2 seaters. Saw 1 Mav getting pulled by a popo behind osborne on Sun (you know who you are...SMH). I had to get towed back to wash 4 from Brawley slide on Sat (by another Mav:smile:). Fitting for my Auto Meter oil presure sending unit broke and spewed about a quart of oil befor I smelled it and stopped. Luckily my bro-in-law had a 1/4" npt plug back at camp. Plugged it up, dumped in some oil and all was good.

Note to self: Don't use brass fittings for that BIG HONKIN sending unit.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I learned that same lesson with brass fitting and oil sending unit. No bueno!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Well shit Marty........Thnx for the heads up......LOL

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
To clarify, you guys are using an electrical sending unit correct? I have the mechanical gauge that actually uses the capillary tube to the back of the gauge......should I be concerned?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
The weather was awesome and night rides Were Great. The sand was soft as hell and the warm mid day temps were Killing belts on all kinds of cars it sounds like. Driver experience will will save belts and a lot of Novice Guys Were Blowin belts I should say. 20131103_122345.jpg

Reactions: Benzo and Brayla
1 - 20 of 22 Posts