Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd say that the ramp was too steep of an angel. I've had some nice jumps, and some like this one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There was a triple up hill tunnel jump last race. Could not get the nerve to launch all the way but still doubled 40 to 50 ft. Angle up the ramp was pretty steep. Like I said the only way I could get it to jump flat was off the end of the ramp under power. If I let off 3 ft before the end of the jump, it would nose dive. And believe me it takes a different thought process to hold your foot down to the floor off the ramp. That's why I had to regulate my speed on the flat then pick it up off the ramp.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And believe me it takes a different thought process to hold your foot down to the floor off the ramp.
thought process is called 100% commitment!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've learned very quick, different from jumping Quads. I was jumping some 40 to 50 doubles at the last race. You have to be under power, meaning rear tires under power off the ramp. Most people fly up the ramp then let off a little bit at the crest of the jump. Big mistake with all the engine braking on these units. So to sum it up, get your speed stabilized before you get to your jump, (slow your speed down a little then pick up your speed up the ramp, (Meaning Gas on - all the way off the ramp) and you will see a smooth level landing. If you are clearing a table top and your landing on the down ramp, let off the gas in the air right before landing and with the engine braking it will make the nose drop for a smooth landing. Hope this helps, we don't need to be nose diving on these units, that will hurt.
Got any pics/vids of your jumps?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts