Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Close call but at least it was flat ground. Would be way worse if you come up short on a clearance jump & lawn dart it into a dead stop. Looks like it was nice out there. What was the temp?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Close call but at least it was flat ground. Would be way worse if you come up short on a clearance jump & law dart to a dead stop. Looks like it was nice out there. What was the temp?
Yup, that was me (the 2nd one jumping). :sad: Lesson learned folks...don't expect your Maverick to jump like a quad.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Close call but at least it was flat ground. Would be way worse if you come up short on a clearance jump & law dart to a dead stop. Looks like it was nice out there. What was the temp?
It was great out there...80's in the daytime. A bit chilly at night though.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
mega seen me last year do a nice lawn dart I still remember lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yup, that was me (the 2nd one jumping). :sad: Lesson learned folks...don't expect your Maverick to jump like a quad.
How did you seats hold up on that landing?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've learned very quick, different from jumping Quads. I was jumping some 40 to 50 doubles at the last race. You have to be under power, meaning rear tires under power off the ramp. Most people fly up the ramp then let off a little bit at the crest of the jump. Big mistake with all the engine braking on these units. So to sum it up, get your speed stabilized before you get to your jump, (slow your speed down a little then pick up your speed up the ramp, (Meaning Gas on - all the way off the ramp) and you will see a smooth level landing. If you are clearing a table top and your landing on the down ramp, let off the gas in the air right before landing and with the engine braking it will make the nose drop for a smooth landing. Hope this helps, we don't need to be nose diving on these units, that will hurt.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Jumping is not my forte

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey who's maverick is the video being taken out of I want that exact color on mine, I like it alot

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey who's maverick is the video being taken out of I want that exact color on mine, I like it alot
I believe that is Glamisfan's. He painted his all black using Plastidip from a spray can.
I sprayed my hood yesterday with the same stuff and it works pretty good.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, that's my plastidip job. I'm still very happy with it. I have a thread on here titled world's first black maverick.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, but this thing is so damn sexy I just had to start a new thread! This Plastidip seems to be a little bit addicting! Lol! I had one more side panel to do, so I figured why not do the hood also. And, WOW! What a differance it made!!!
Here's a couple pics of the first coat, which look like crap. The second coat looks better, and so on and so.
here's a pic of the third coat
And this is my masking job

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm happy to report your seat mod is now jump (lawn dart) approved, HA HA!
Seat mod is approved but lawn darting is not recommended. :haha:
Lawn darting can be hazard to the health of passengers & the vehicle. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Question....is there anything that could have been done by the riders to avoid that? I've been hoping to get some air on mine sometime...but the chances are not easy up here. But then should it offer its self I'd like not to smuck up my machine if I can avoid it. :)

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Question....is there anything that could have been done by the riders to avoid that? I've been hoping to get some air on mine sometime...but the chances are not easy up here. But then should it offer its self I'd like not to smuck up my machine if I can avoid it. :)
start with a longer ramp than your wheelbase so the suspension has time to settle before leaving the ground. If the ramp is short your suspension will rebound(extend) in the air and rotate the car ass over tea kettle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts