Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your recommendation of my next 2017 Maverick X3 X rs Turbo R upgrade? I bought used and the prior owner put a whopping 385 miles on it and 12k in it. I have put a bit of money in the ride so far and have the following scheduled later this year. Upcoming up grades (by all means let me know if they are worth the money):

• LSK DIY roll cage and roof
  • Super ATV Box A Arms
  • Heavy Duty Axles Rhino 2.0 (Front and Rear)
  • Geiser Doors
So far this is what has been completed:
Can Am Sand Dune Bumper
CT Race Worx Bombproof Gusset Kit
Super ATV Bushing and Sleeve Kit
S3 Power Sports Can-Am Maverick X3 Front Shock Tower Brace
Shock Therapy Gold Series Shocks
Steele Performance Lower Control Arm Taco Kit
CT Race Worx Front Sway Bar Links
Shock Therapy Tie Rods with Bump Steer Delete
Front Rims w/Quad Boss Sand Tire
Intrusion Bars
Super ATV Scratch Resistance Windshield
ECU Flash Can-Am 91
Dragon Fire Safety Harness Mount
PRP SE Seats
Pro Armor 4 Point 2" Harness
1/2 door Kit
2 each lighted Whips
Lightbar/Vision X Off Road light
Shock Therapy Gold Series Shocks
K&N 63-1141 K&N Charger Kit
S&B Particle Separator Intake
Cat Delete EVO Pipe
MBRP Performance Series Slip On
Shock Therapy Toe Link Support Kit for Hubs
Wolfpack Radius Rod HD Kit
S3 Power Sports Radius Rod Plate
WORLDS BEST BELT Bad Ass G Boost Drive Belt
Geiser Performance Belt Liner
CT Race Worx Rear Sway Bar Links
Sandcraft Carrier Bearing
Rear Rims w/Quad Boss Paddles
Trunk

Thanks for your input.

Oh, and first trip to Winchester Bay last week – WOW!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Might shy away from the Dragonfire harness. My neighbor has one and hates it. The concept is ok but, if you have to adjust the seat or move it forward the harness limits you from moving the seat forward to get behind it or to change to a shorter driver.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might shy away from the Dragonfire harness. My neighbor has one and hates it. The concept is ok but, if you have to adjust the seat or move it forward the harness limits you from moving the seat forward to get behind it or to change to a shorter driver.
good to know, actually have the Pro armor 4 points and they seem fine so far. The dragon fire is the quick release mounting hardware. This set up came with it and seems fine so far, makes it easy to get the harnesses in and out.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
If you are doing the Super ATV boxed a-arms you might as well replace the trailing arms with the Super ATV trailing arms. The stock arms trailing arms will develop cracks.

I would not spend the money on Rhino 2.0 axles. The OEM axles are plenty strong and will last a long time. There are plenty of us X3 owners with well over 5,000 miles on stock axles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are doing the Super ATV boxed a-arms you might as well replace the trailing arms with the Super ATV trailing arms. The stock arms trailing arms will develop cracks.

I would not spend the money on Rhino 2.0 axles. The OEM axles are plenty strong and will last a long time. There are plenty of us X3 owners with well over 5,000 miles on stock axles.
Great, thank you for the input and insight. Maybe I will redirect the axle allowance to the trailing arms instead. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump steer delete, radius rods, clutch work
looked into the bump steer delete through Shock Therapy and watched the video. It appears the prior owner had that installed with the shock therapy tie rods (however there are no markings or names on them but appear to be ST) which is good. Have Wolf Pack Radius rods (though it was mislabeled up above as tie rods) which I know there are mixed reviews on them but seem to work so far. Will look into the clutch work, I have watched full throttle off road KWI clutch videos and seems like a good upgrade. Thanks for the input.

·
Vendor
18 Posts
That's a good looking ride with some solid upgrades. Looks like your ready for an AGM EXR Fuel Tank and skid plate bolt/washer kit. The one thing can-am missed was a removable skid plate for service and cleaning.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
With all those upgrades, looks like the only thing you're missing is a radio / intercom system.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
interesting, 2 suggestions for the same thing. I will have to look into one. I used to ride street bikes and had the chatterbox. Thanks for the input.
It's needed actually. A radio will let you talk car to car. An intercom will let you talk to your passenger / significant other, or listen to music.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
338 Posts
Intercom changes the experience for sure. I recommend PCI Race Radios, a lot of guys like Rugged Radios as well. Can’t go wrong with either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Intercom changes the experience for sure. I recommend PCI Race Radios, a lot of guys like Rugged Radios as well. Can’t go wrong with either.
thanks for the heads up on these, I have heard about Rugged Radios, will definitely look into that and add to the list.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Yeah could see the need for these. Being a newbie to the SXS I could see the need for safety purposes
This is the correct approach for the wife.
Anytime you want an upgrade for your ride just tell her it's for safety reasons. I learned this very early on with the good people on this site. It works !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts