Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Maverick Max XDS Turbo and trying to install the ALBA Belt Temp Gauge but the included instructions say to install on the outlet tube and their web site says for the XDS to install on the Front Inlet tube and gives a reference to a picture for the sensor location that I don't see anywhere on their web site

Anyone install this belt temp gauge on the Max XDS and if so where did you put the sensor? Pictures?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have a Maverick Max XDS Turbo and trying to install the ALBA Belt Temp Gauge but the included instructions say to install on the outlet tube and their web site says for the XDS to install on the Front Inlet tube and gives a reference to a picture for the sensor location that I don't see anywhere on their web site

Anyone install this belt temp gauge on the Max XDS and if so where did you put the sensor? Pictures?
I don't have a pic handy, but I put it on the right side of the exhaust tube above/behind the secondary...My thinking is heat rises and it's very close to the inside. If you put it on top of the front exit it doesn't seem like it'd be the most accurate with all the cool air coming in right there and the distance away from the inside. I did my commander the same way.

·
Registered
190 Posts

I installed mine where both front and rear exhaust ports meet (see below).

Attachments

Reactions: Maverick4me2

·
Registered
726 Posts
I installed mine where both front and rear exhaust ports meet (see below).
This is where I put mine at also. I thought the air would be the hottest there. It would have been easier to install on front tube. But I usually manage to not do it the easy way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts