Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alba Racing just got our factory Can Am Maverick which will be raced by Wayne Matlock this year in WORCS. We have our base line testing done. We are in the process now of upping the horsepower as much as we can. Here is a dyno chart of the Maverick vs a Wildcat and a RZR 900 XP and our stage 2 kit on a RZR 900 XP. On this chart from bottom to top you have the red run that is the Wildcat, the green is a stock RZR XP 900, blue is the Maverick the blip you see in the middle is it hitting the rev limiter on our dyno, and last is a RZR 900 XP with our stage 2 kit on it. As you can see the Maverick does very well. The second dyno chart you see is the Maverick the bigger hp is sport mode on the other is sport mode off.

We will post updates on the forum as we go you can also check us out on facebook for more info.

http://www.facebook.com/teamalbaracing

Team Alba Racing - High Performance Racing Engines

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow! You guys were sure able to pull some extra power out of the XP with the stage 2 kit. 17 extra hp to the ground for less the $2000 bucks is not bad at all. I was thinking I was going to keep my Mav motor stock, but if you are able to pull anywhere near those kinda gains off for that kinda cash I would defiantly be taking a second look!

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We actually see between 15 and 20 Hp additional with our stage 2 kit on a RZR 900. The graph above shows 17. We hope to see gains like this with the Maverick but only time will tell. We currently have CP pistons getting prototyped and many sets of cams to test as well as a fuel controller and drive by wire mod box and much more otw.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no that was high gear and ya it hit the revlimiter your correct you will see it still has a higher top speed than the others. The clutch is set up a bit light from the factory but that is a good thing.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
so u think 120/100 crank/wheel hp soon for the maverick ?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Thanks for the dyno info Did you drag race the stage2 Xp vs the maverick ?
Yup, thats what i want to know too. I don't ride or race on the dyno. It's definitely good to see baselines though.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
832 Posts
Actually the cutout is the throttle body shutting down . He took it in to the dealer and they loaded another ecu rev to fix the issue supposely. I have not verified it on mine yet. Most of u experience the issue when the car seems to drop rpms from 8100 to 7200 when running around 50 mphs. I did ride a mav that didnt have this issues..fast as hell

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Actually the cutout is the throttle body shutting down . He took it in to the dealer and they loaded another ecu rev to fix the issue supposely. I have not verified it on mine yet. Most of u experience the issue when the car seems to drop rpms from 8100 to 7200 when running around 50 mphs. I did ride a mav that didnt have this issues..fast as hell
so is this a wrong ecu program or just the stock one limiting speed? is it avalible at all dealers?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i was wondering what he was talking about ill drive mine tmaro see what it does at 50mph if it drops to 7200rpm , we need a update ?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
832 Posts
It seems to the wrong ecu rev.. I know my machine and I notice it from day one. Glamisfan confirmed it with me on his machine as well. I thought it was normal til I talked to kelly at kms. He told me about the tb cutting out and that it wasnt correct. The dyno looked just like alba...he got it fixed and that Mav runs much stronger than mine. If u dont drop rpms when running wot u r ok.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It seems to the wrong ecu rev.. I know my machine and I notice it from day one. Glamisfan confirmed it with me on his machine as well. I thought it was normal til I talked to kelly at kms. He told me about the tb cutting out and that it wasnt correct. The dyno looked just like alba...he got it fixed and that Mav runs much stronger than mine. If u dont drop rpms when running wot u r ok.
I never noticed this issue at all! I am excited as well to see what kind of kit you guys can come up with the already bad ass maverick!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
832 Posts
How many people pay attn to there rpms when driving? I do but if u look now u can confirm the issue or not. I asked my dealer bout it and they never heard of it but did say the dyno shouldnt be that way..lol

·
Registered
707 Posts
I do as well boss....have my RPMs in the big letters but I don't disagree with what you say at all. When it comes to performance your kinda the guy whose advice I take most to heart. I'm just saying my Maverick hasn't had the issue you speak of.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
832 Posts
I do as well boss....have my RPMs in the big letters but I don't disagree with what you say at all. When it comes to performance your kinda the guy whose advice I take most to heart. I'm just saying my Maverick hasn't had the issue you speak of.
That is perfect cause that means that there is a fix for the issue and that there definitely is something wrong with some Mavericks. I know that the Maverick that I drove that had a new rev update on the ECU didn't have the issue any longer. I will call the dealer tomorrow and find out exactly what they did to fix the issue. I really thought it was normal especially after running side by side with Glamisfan who orginally told me about the issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Didn't notice the issue with mine. Although it is some work getting used to the throttle and powerband. Not as linear as i'd hoped. Wife is having a hayday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts