Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, thought I would show you all our new Belt Temp Gauge.

New belt temperature gauge by Alba Racing. Know when you're overheating your belt. This is a must have item.

*Made in the USA
*Electric stepper motor
*Electric sender
*Easy install

After years of racing experience we at Alba Racing have come up with a cool product to help you keep your belt alive... Belt and clutch housing temperatures can wreak havoc on your belt and what better way to monitor the internal temps than a gauge specifically designed for the CVT system. These gauges are worth their weight in gold if you are eating belts or are concerned about where the limit is.

Mount on your dash and this easy to read gauge will let you know when your are overheating your belt. Heat is a belt killer. These are the standard 2 1/16 gauge. If you race your UTV or ride long distance this is great peace of mind to have. The info this gauge gives you may help you prevent belt failure and extend your belt life.

Introductory price is $125 shipped. California has sales tax...

Attached is a picture of the gauge and a graph to give you an idea of how belt temp effects belt life.. 20130726_132611.jpg 20130712_093700.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This will measure just the air temp inside the housing correct? So based on the gauge, anything under 190 degrees is a safe operating temp?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will measure just the air temp inside the housing correct? So based on the gauge, anything under 190 degrees is a safe operating temp?

Yes, this measure ambient air temperatures inside of the clutch housing. Safe is a relative word and we are more looking at the pattern of belt life in relation to housing temperature. Basically the higher the temperature the lower the belt life...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes, this measure ambient air temperatures inside of the clutch housing. Safe is a relative word and we are more looking at the pattern of belt life in relation to housing temperature. Basically the higher the temperature the lower the belt life...

Nate
Alba Racing
I guess I was trying to understand how you came up with the different ranges shown on the gauge. If the temp constantly runs in the yellow or red under normal riding conditions then another cooling options needs ot be added. Normal meaning not 20 dune climbs in a row

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I was trying to understand how you came up with the different ranges shown on the gauge. If the temp constantly runs in the yellow or red under normal riding conditions then another cooling options needs ot be added. Normal meaning not 20 dune climbs in a row

Correct. We destroyed a few belts, LOL. Also, the graph attached is thanks to testing that Gates has done on ambient housing temperatures.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What's really interesting in reading the graph is that between 115 to 135 degrees the belt life doubles from 100 hrs to 200hrs. I wonder how hard it is to keep your belt temp in that range? My guess impossible if you ride in the dunes

Reactions: Goose2

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Put a freon or Co2 cooler after the cvt blower and I bet it's possible but I think that's a bit overboard.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
can we run NOS to the cvt housing and when its starts getting hot hit the switch a few times, lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
can we run NOS to the cvt housing and when its starts getting hot hit the switch a few times, lol
Wont that just make you go faster?:haha: :haha::haha:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys make me laugh... Don't forget to add the NOS sticker.. it should be worth an extra 5mph up top!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wow a vendor who advertises a specific performance increase instead of the classic " increased performance" line. I'm gonna hold you to that 5mph. :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nate - great product and great idea….quick question. Did your testing reveal any difference in temperatures based on placement of the sensor?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nate - great product and great idea….quick question. Did your testing reveal any difference in temperatures based on placement of the sensor?
We tried it both directly in the clutch housing and in the exhaust duct with near identical results.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You guys make me laugh... Don't forget to add the NOS sticker.. it should be worth an extra 5mph up top!

Nate
Alba Racing
its not true ? lol

did I hear group buy tho ? im in ! lol

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to mount this in the exhaust outlet? Seems when the belt does go it destroys the cvt housing which could damage the sensor too.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts