Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys thought I would get some opinions on our prototype slip-on system for the Maverick. This is on Wayne Matlock's Lucas Oil Racing Maverick. How do they sound? Do you like the can style?

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It looks realy close to the plastic trim piece in the back between the 2 canisters....any issues with possble melting of the plastic? Other than that, looks nice and clean and sounds good.....only thing I would prefer would be a throatier (deeper) sound if that is possible without loosing and power in the process....does it produce any more power?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So it gets rid of the Cat & Resonator?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have only seen a couple of HP out of our slip-ons, but we have yet to see any full system make anything more.... Here is a video of it under acceleration.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
853 Posts
We have only seen a couple of HP out of our slip-ons, but we have yet to see any full system make anything more.... Here is a video of it under acceleration.

Nate
Alba Racing
Nate

Are you using a fuel controller? If so which one? If the price was right and you had actual numbers saying its a few HP, I would be interested

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my machine and i would consider it hearing that. A video clip is hard to tell the true sound of something though. Being a V twin I would like a deeper kinda tone if possible but I don't want something real loud either. All these loud ass exhausts get old real fast, especially if you're strapped into it for hours on end.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks realy close to the plastic trim piece in the back between the 2 canisters....any issues with possble melting of the plastic? Other than that, looks nice and clean and sounds good.....only thing I would prefer would be a throatier (deeper) sound if that is possible without loosing and power in the process....does it produce any more power?
No issues with plastics. 2 HP gain at the wheels.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my machine and i would consider it hearing that. A video clip is hard to tell the true sound of something though. Being a V twin I would like a deeper kinda tone if possible but I don't want something real loud either. All these loud ass exhausts get old real fast, especially if you're strapped into it for hours on end.
You got that right Alex. A couple of the sound clips I have heard sound like they would make your ears bleed....

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do you have a balpark price point?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
sounds good , I hope the price sounds good to , lol

cheapest 3/4 system is big gun for 550 new on ebay

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sounds good , I hope the price sounds good to , lol

cheapest 3/4 system is big gun for 550 new on ebay

You just set the bar :in love:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
alba is pretty good about pricing ! we will see , I just want less heat pockets ( resonator-cat) and less weight , not worried about hp gains , lol and it sounds burly to lol

Reactions: HandyManDan

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
2 HP RWHP is actually not insignificant, especially when coupled with weight and heat loss.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the price. Still wish someone would just make a delete pipe to work with the stock mufflers. I dont want some loud shit blaring in my ear.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I love the honesty...just sayin. Anxious if they will make it reasonably priced as well....could make up the margins by volume...HINT HINT Nate. :money:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Coin (Ben Franklins more like it) divided by RWHP = bang for the buck. Good bang, little buck and I'm in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nate You guys should look into doing a 2into1 system. ?

1 - 20 of 240 Posts