Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had contact with Adam????

I have a rage 6 (alum spider) I bought in Dec and now I have big concern about it staying together. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get in contact with him (VM, text, PM's e-mail that got returned and phone calls) with zero luck. Really running out of options.

Reached out to STM and was told there wasn't an issue and they wouldn't do anything unless it lets loose. Well, I'm not willing to wait until this thing grenades and takes out more than just a spider. I should of been offered/told about the steel spider from the start. We buy these high dollar clutches for dependability.

Adam...not calling you out as you did what you said you would and got me this thing in a hurry. You set it up perfect except for the spider.

Just want this car to be as reliable as possible.

Any contact would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is a common occurrence. Some have had great luck, some not. No question he knows his stuff, just not the best on the customer service end of things. Usually when someone raises a stink he shows up.

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
why not just order the steel spider from STM yourself?

To blame Adam for not selling you thr steel spider is b.s.

I did shit tons of research about the STM clutches around september last year and bought from //Airdam in November. During my research i foud the race guys were using the steel spider because of some recent failures of the aluminum spider.

man up and order the steel spider and install it on your clutch, dont blame your lack of research on others.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Busiest time of the year for him!! This is the week of mud nats. His clutches are probably on half of the race bikes this year and he has been working with a few of the guys I know getting there stuff dialed in for the event. He will be there until Monday and probably spend the next week catching up and returning phone calls. I'm not an apologist I'm just telling u what's going on. But u can honestly hang up this week

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You beat me to it Driller. Mud Nats = No Airdam. Unless you go to the Mad Nats...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wad I'm pretty sure the steel spider is a newer option to the stm clutches. And from what I've heard you can't just order it and install it, you need to send your clutch in to make sure everything fits correctly. Last time I saw Charles he was picking his up in glamis so he could have his sent in and upgraded. Just thought I'd share what little I know or think I know

Didn't read where you bought a new one in Dec.... My bad

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just installed a rage 6 setup and I researched the sh-t out of all clutches for 3 weeks before pulling the trigger. I did get the steel spider but STM themselves told me that unless I was hot on the throttle for hours at a time, I wouldn't need the steel. Well I bought it anyway because peace of mind is $150 when I dropped 2k anyway. Lol

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone confirm an Adam sighting or even talked with him????I know he had the mud thing going on, but the hangover should of cleared up by know......

It's been over a month I'd I've tried everything to get ahold of him. It's really unbelievable how someone can conduct and run a business like this. To spend the money I did and depend on his expert advise and zero support after the fact....Crazy....

Adam.....If your reading this....BUSINESS 101....AWNSER THE F*****IN PHONE.......

·
Registered
707 Posts
Exactly why I didn't buy shit from this guy. Call Russell Coker or Kris Fregia. I bet they will steer you in the right direction even though you didn't buy from them. Good guys there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Expert or not, this is a commonly reoccurring issue with him. There are other products out there as good with world class service and follow up. Screw this guy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same issue with Adam from QSC. Very hard to get a hold of ANYONE in the shop. It's a very busy time of year for all clutch shops I guess. Still no excuse for not answering a phone or returning an email. Finally got a hold of him today and he's putting my primary together tonight and sending them to me. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bunch of haters hatin around here.
No, you're missing the point. When you spend $1500-$2000 with a company, you'd expect to be able to contact them after the sale for advice... Or in my case, to find out where your clutches are two months later. It's not good business practice to not answer the phone. If you're THAT busy, time to hire some help.

Seems like the more money you spend with a company, the less they care about service after they have the money. Different situation, but took me 10 weeks to get my twin turbo kit for my truck. Couldn't get a hold of them to follow up except for about every other week. Found out 8 weeks in that my order was accidentally canceled THE FIRST WEEK!

All you can do is stay on these guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dogpile!!!!!!!!!

That effin //airdam sold me clutches AND tuned them onsite for me. Now i have a professionally tuned clutch that i dont have to touch for 2500 miles.

WTF!!! Now i am forced to drive the shit out of my maverick and not bitch about OEM shitty parts.

Damn you //airdam!!!!
Wtf are you talking about? You from Colorado or something?! Who said anything about OEM parts? You're out in left field man lol

And we don't all have the luxury of showing up at a clutch shop to have them tune them for us. Congratulations though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dogpile!!!!!!!!!

That effin //airdam sold me clutches AND tuned them onsite for me. Now i have a professionally tuned clutch that i dont have to touch for 2500 miles.

WTF!!! Now i am forced to drive the shit out of my maverick and not bitch about OEM shitty parts.

Damn you //airdam!!!!
note to self - don't read one of MDD's posts after taking a drink of pepsi as there might be a good chance that said pepsi will be coming out of your nose.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mega just because you had a great experience with him doesn't mean others have. How many threads like this have we seen? Way too many, happens too often. No one denies his talent or quality of product, but he doesn't have a clue about customer service and worse doesn't seem to care. And let's call it how it is. You are one of the loudest and potential assholes on the site. Can you imagine how much bad press he'd get if he pissed you off? He probably jumped all over your clutch out of fear. He may be dumb, but he ain't stupid.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've had good experiences with him in the past and fixing to call him again for his billet flange

1 - 20 of 77 Posts