Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so not very long ago , like 3 to 4 weeks . I drove to miss. To give adam
A visit, he put in a new airdam clutch and machinex secondary! Along with sport mode low! When I left , I was extremely happy withset up . But now ive noticed from doin sum racing at leerjack yesterday, that in 4wd high range that the thing isnt performing! It has the infamous overrev problem? In 2wd it doesnot do this? And then this morning when I fired up to head down to office, my engine light came on and said there was transmission signal fault? Wtf is this? Also if u turn sport low off, it light goes out and all is well. Anyone else have this problem ? And a quick remedy ? Remember he tuned it not me, so therfor I believe the secondary spring all the above has been dun to it soooooooo.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as we all no Adam is great, super nice guy. When! And that's when! U get hold of him. Iv called a few times but no luck, and it was holiday weekend so I'm sure he likes his time off too! So was just trying to see if someone else had similar issue!

·
Registered
806 Posts
No 1 has had a tranny fault problem?

Several people have had the tranny fault problem. Which sport low harness did Adam put in, has it done it from the beginning (since sport low harness was installed), does it operate properly when in sport low?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Several people have had the tranny fault problem. Which sport low harness did Adam put in, has it done it from the beginning (since sport low harness was installed), does it operate properly when in sport low?
i didnt know adam had different sport mode low ? but he put a plug and play set up on mine, with a factory style switch in the dash as far as i know. because i didnt notice him cutting or splicing anything! and it worked flawless when he first put it on the bike! it just started acting goofy this weekend. when it is acting goofy it has an E on the screen and transmission fault engine light on. when i turn the sport mode low button off! the correct letter shows up such as D R P drive, reverse, park. and so on! and the engine light goes out!!!!!!!! wtf? but now ive got an even bigger issue!! my wife runs my doberman down the gravel road on the maverick! lol. its the lazy way to walk or run your dog. but she called me today and ask what i thought was wrong she said when she punches it itll rev 7grand and barely move, in other words motor is reving harder than it shouold be for speed shes moving. so is this a tranny problem? or have i burnt up a belt? i hope its a belt!!! if i was home id check , but i work out of state and i wont be home for like 8 more days!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit........

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, I found unplugging it from the transmission and plugging back in good fixed it.

No 1 has had a tranny fault problem?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought the DZ motorsport one when I hooked it up it gave me an E and the engine light was on. I disconnected all the connections and reconnected and its worked fine ever since. I don't know what fixed it but it's working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts