Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There Not...on this Forum.....Im sure they will be soon...They've paid there dues....And helped us all out plenty of times.....

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was once a full blown consumer, but now I'm on both sides. So I have a pretty good understanding of how everything works. When I was racing CV Tech had just started making it's way out into the ATV scene. Adam @ QSC actually messed around with them before he starting building the QSC clutches. True story. I could sit here and write up a 6 page paper on why a roller clutch is more efficient than a non roller style. When it comes to tuning and setting them up it's like watching an old tube TV versus watching a 3D TV. Night and day. Will the CV Tech work for your every day rider? Sure. My customers have just had BETTER luck with QSC's. I've had my hands on the trailboc, I've replaced them, sent them off, tested them, etc etc. It is what it is. At the end of the day you'll decide where to go.

The moral of this story and this thread. Is, business is business. Everyone seems to be taking things for face value without knowing the behind the factual information. Brent at Performance ATV is a personal friend of mine and I remember when he was first deciding to make the swap from getting his clutches through Adam to getting them directly from CV Tech. It wasn't an easy decision, he was stressed about it and felt bad. But, it's just the way the cookie crumbles. Brent's demand, for his customers and his business, wasn't fulfilled the way he needed it to be, so they went else where. Cut and dry.

To this day I'll sell anyone a clutch for Adam. I wish I had the financial backing to place a bulk order and keep them in stock. Help him out. Service them, be a third party type thing. Because on his end the demand as exceeded the supply as well. There are more than one way to running a successful business. And I too am facing the same problems. Finding someone that has the "want to" and the passion for this that we do is next to impossible. And the ones we do know are separated by hundreds of miles. Luckily I've had the luxury of not allowing my business to outgrow me. It may be a pain at times, but I manage.

Like I said before, I hate when things get twisted and taken out of context. But that's life. Right?

Oh and Brian, I never got that call....
I understand business is business. Not saying you or any other person needs to sell his product for him ( as it is obvious it sells itself ). You dont have to buy it, look at it or anything that goes against your will. No doubt that from what I hear, the QSC is a very fine clutch. I just happened to go with Airdam because for 1, QSC in Wisconsin was clueless to what a maverick setup would involve, and 2, Adam actually answered the phone the very first time I ever attempted to call him. Was very helpful and talked to me for as long as I felt I needed to keep him on the phone. I felt it would be a comfortable transaction and in the end it was every bit of that. Oh and BTW, I actually called Adam first, I told him at the end of the conversation that I would be calling QSC to see what they had to offer as well. Not one time did he try to talk me out of it or sway me back to his primary. The man simply said "OK man, just give me a call back if you decide you want me to build you one, and I will get it done for you".
Now Kris, even though we had our disagreement a few days ago, we talked on facebook and I definitely was gonna call you to pick your brain about the Rage clutches. I want the absolute best for my machine, if the rage 6 or 8 is a substantial upgrade from my Airdam, then guess what, I'm gonna upgrade. But no matter what we woulda talked about I would have still done tons of research on the clutch on my own. You seemed extremely willing to help and I'm sure at some point I will get some really useful info from you.

Point I'm trying to make is, both you Kris and Adam seem to be hard working and very knowledgeable people. Adam is very helpful and Kris, well Kris I still think your a smart ass LOL. But over all, just be honest with the consumer and present factual information. Leave the opinionated crap out of it unless someone asks for it ( when doing a "what works" comparison I mean ). If your set up you sell is a little flawed, then tell us your not sure if itll work or not, we will respect you more in the long run for your honesty. Like I said before, we know what we actually see on our own machines, and sometimes what you guys claim just doesnt add up to what we already know or have actually seen. Just sayin...

And Kris, I havent called you yet due to work.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
sounds like kris and adam need to open a shop 2gether ! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still dont understand why you keep dragging our name (Performance ATV) into this...We are glad we are not apart of airdam (no more pissed off customers asking when their clutch will be in, no call backs from you when I am trying to help customers with your products, no more telling me you shipped it and then it doesnt come in and I have to go back on my word to my customers)...we have gotton way more business because we are not a part of you guys....We have lost money trying to keep our customers happy on next day shipping clutches because you told me it would be done a week ago....I personally have tried to talk with you about your service and tried to help you on the business side SEVERAL TIMES and you would agree with me and nothing would change....now that your ship is sinking you are trying to blast anyone to help you stay a float....wow!! I usually dont comment on things like this , but since you keep dragging our name into and posting it everywhere I feel i need to stand up for our Company and our customers...We are one big atv family...Mark has helped 2 of YOUR customers just this week that were having clutch issues and got those guys going because you wouldnt call them back...so the only thing that performance is guilty of is helping your pissed off customers, but thats what we are here for (helping customers)... some more advice that you wont listen to but really need to consider. Lastly please feel free to call me instead of and we can handle this issue like adults ...And owing you money.... you sent me some clutches around 3500 worth and you specifaclly told me as I sold them to send you a check for the ones I sell and thats what I did....then we recieved a bill and I instantly called you and you said quote "Merideth is asking about it and I told her the we had a deal" then a month later we get a bill for the the same thing then again I call you and you said dont worry about it....then a week later it came in and I just paid it in full....and that was the last straw for me and my company dealing with a poorly operated Airdam company...now you saying I owed you a six digit figure in three months....well I wish I could sell 100k of clutches in three months!! P.S. keep it up because we have been slammed with clutch calls since you just keep proving your poor business ethics along with your poor service..Yes we sell CV techs and will continue!!! You did not envent the cv tech...they did!!! You are machining the surfaces (which just comes off in the first few rides...but it does look good)....

·
Registered
468 Posts
@ performance atv. Thanks for the snorkel kit for my maverick. Fitment was great and was a very easy install. Great product and i highly recommend it to all the other guys here!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I still dont understand why you keep dragging our name (Performance ATV) into this...We are glad we are not apart of airdam (no more pissed off customers asking when their clutch will be in, no call backs from you when I am trying to help customers with your products, no more telling me you shipped it and then it doesnt come in and I have to go back on my word to my customers)...we have gotton way more business because we are not a part of you guys....We have lost money trying to keep our customers happy on next day shipping clutches because you told me it would be done a week ago....I personally have tried to talk with you about your service and tried to help you on the business side SEVERAL TIMES and you would agree with me and nothing would change....now that your ship is sinking you are trying to blast anyone to help you stay a float....wow!! I usually dont comment on things like this , but since you keep dragging our name into and posting it everywhere I feel i need to stand up for our Company and our customers...We are one big atv family...Mark has helped 2 of YOUR customers just this week that were having clutch issues and got those guys going because you wouldnt call them back...so the only thing that performance is guilty of is helping your pissed off customers, but thats what we are here for (helping customers)... some more advice that you wont listen to but really need to consider. Lastly please feel free to call me instead of and we can handle this issue like adults ...And owing you money.... you sent me some clutches around 3500 worth and you specifaclly told me as I sold them to send you a check for the ones I sell and thats what I did....then we recieved a bill and I instantly called you and you said quote "Merideth is asking about it and I told her the we had a deal" then a month later we get a bill for the the same thing then again I call you and you said dont worry about it....then a week later it came in and I just paid it in full....and that was the last straw for me and my company dealing with a poorly operated Airdam company...now you saying I owed you a six digit figure in three months....well I wish I could sell 100k of clutches in three months!! P.S. keep it up because we have been slammed with clutch calls since you just keep proving your poor business ethics along with your poor service..Yes we sell CV techs and will continue!!! You did not envent the cv tech...they did!!! You are machining the surfaces (which just comes off in the first few rides...but it does look good)....

Wait......what??? So Brent I'm not the only one that understands this?? Lmao.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I posted this Not Adam... This is from his FB page- Cant we all just get along. Lol

So what you are stating is that the only thing Airdam Clutch does is Machine the surface?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes he does machine it we have never said he doesnt do anything to them...Honestly I dont care if he machines it, makes it lighter, stronger, look better,etc.....we do not sell his products nor do we advertise we do.... thats the problem I have ...and somehow he brings our name into it because we sell alot of cv techs to our customers... Without all that he does on three on our race bikes (stock cvtech) they do fine ...two of them are over a 90 rwhp...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would just like to say that I personally have a Airdam not for a Maverick but for a Ltd Commander and absolutely love it. I will also add that performanceatv claiming that all Adam does is "machine" his clutches is a bit ridiculous. I have have personally met Adam when he installed his clutch on my Commander last summer and could not have been more impressed with the quality of person he was or the quality of work that he performed. He has always been more than helpful with any questions that I have had for him and never once made me feel like I was bothering him with my questions. I personally believe that a quality product is worth the wait and that any company that would sell a lower grade product just so that they can sell that product in mass quantities is not a good business to deal with. I'm not talking about any specific company just making a general statement about how I feel!!! Love this forum and its members, keep up the hard works guys!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
It amazes me when people bash vendors. One person can make or break a company on these forums. As a vendor myself I have always tried to go out of my way to make people happy and give them the best service. There is always that one person that can make a bad name for a vendor and it can really screw things up no matter how hard they try to make it right.

I have had dealings with Adam and he has always been great. I sold some of his clutch setups a few years back and the people that got them were stoked.

Adam and his company have been drug through the ringer but for the most part everyone who gets his setup is very happy with it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What do you currently have to offer in a tested aftermarket clutch setup for the Maverick Kris?
To directly answer the question. Nothing

I'll be doing some testing on one either this weekend or next. Depends on the schedule at my shop. I'm 100% sure the QSC will directly bolt up and work wonders for the Maverick. I'll know for sure here shortly though. Amd just like before I will make a thread and be pretty specific with how it all works. Adam @ QSC is helping me out since I have 2 Mavericks at my disposal and he doesn't. Also doing some testing with the STM Rage and Rage 8 set ups as well. Have one I'm building on right now for Mud Nationals. Should be a site to see.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a ///AirDam clutch and love it. I don't race. Only trail ride and have had great luck with it and how much better it performs over the stock clutch and how much quieter over the stock one it is. The engagement, smooth shifting and back shifting was spot on when I received it. Lots of hill in NH, PA, Me. Never caught in a bad spot and our wheeler always seemed to be in the right RPM range. I think Adam does a great job on his clutching for as little of information that he gets about how someone rides or how they think they ride. Adam has alway been very helpful and very easy to speak to over the phone when i have call for info. I talked to Adam the other day and asked a few questions about my outty clutch and if it would work on the Maverick. He answered my questions and it is now on it way to him for his great work once again! Keep up the Great Work Adam! Some of us appreciate what you do for us.

·
Registered
791 Posts
KRIS, I have a question you might be able to shed some light on. I bought Stiffler's STM secondary. He gave me a Yellow and a Gold Spring with it. I am trying to set it up on my Renegade 1000 with a QSC primary. My goal is to have it set up for pit racing with big tires. What spring should I be starting with?

thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
KRIS, I have a question you might be able to shed some light on. I bought Stiffler's STM secondary. He gave me a Yellow and a Gold Spring with it. I am trying to set it up on my Renegade 1000 with a QSC primary. My goal is to have it set up for pit racing with big tires. What spring should I be starting with?

thanks
Aww man he ended up selling that? We were gonna get another spring sent out to him but not sure what happened.

IT all depends on the set up on the bike you're wanting to run. Shoot me an email with some details and I'll get you fixed up. I have a whole variety of different springs.

[email protected]

·
Registered
791 Posts
Aww man he ended up selling that? We were gonna get another spring sent out to him but not sure what happened.

IT all depends on the set up on the bike you're wanting to run. Shoot me an email with some details and I'll get you fixed up. I have a whole variety of different springs.

[email protected]
Email sent, Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.