Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered my Billet alum. Cvt flange from Adam and 3 days later the masterpiece showed up at my door from the UPS man. I think I paid $55 and $18 for shipping. Adam was very helpful and patient on the phone when I ordered. The packaging was perfect and neatly wrapped with a short note inside describing the install procedure. The piece it self looks as good as anything I machine, and I make implantable medical devises at a world class company.
Now for the install. If you read my other post about the other guys plastic flange, you know I had some hole location issues, and so did 4 other people on here that pm'd me. That BS aside, This flange fit right on the first time I tried to install. Just remove the inside plastic piece from the clutch cover and discard. Mount his aluminum piece to the square plastic piece on the outside of the cvt cover. Adam supplied a rubber gasket that goes between these to, so you can keep the water out. The bolts come with O-rings.

Overall very happy with my purchase. Next question Does anyone make a snorkle kit for the 2014 mavs yet? I think there will have to be some creative pipe routing to mak it work.

J

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
He does a fantastic job with all he does!! Not surprised that it is a perfect fit. I've got one on the way

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have fancied up the gasket and install proceedure.

i have a video i need to upload to youtube of the install. i did one on a housing the other day and took a video of it so i can load to youtube. probably gonna try to load the video today. as soon as i get the video uploaded i will tag this post with the video.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have fancied up the gasket and install proceedure.

i have a video i need to upload to youtube of the install. i did one on a housing the other day and took a video of it so i can load to youtube. probably gonna try to load the video today. as soon as i get the video uploaded i will tag this post with the video.

here is the installation video of the snorkel adaptor it is currently 9.47 and the upload says it will be ready in 86 minutes. so give it a little time it will be up in a few.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam I knew i shoulda used loctite! I took it back apart and put red loctite on threads for peace of mind. My orings on the bolts did mushroom out a little. but no biggie.
Thanks again Adam!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nice video Adam...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jhawker pm sent on snorks

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dam I knew i shoulda used loctite! I took it back apart and put red loctite on threads for peace of mind. My orings on the bolts did mushroom out a little. but no biggie.
Thanks again Adam!
Jhawker pm sent on snorks

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.
Or not.... clean out your box pm will not send

·
Registered
711 Posts
wes i tried to call you last week. please shoot me a PM with your number and address. the address you wrote down on the paper at river run, does not pull up in our UPS system nor on google. dont wanna send your setup to the wrong address. please send me a PM with your phone number and address to ship your parts please.

·
Registered
256 Posts
wes i tried to call you last week. please shoot me a PM with your number and address. the address you wrote down on the paper at river run, does not pull up in our UPS system nor on google. dont wanna send your setup to the wrong address. please send me a PM with your phone number and address to ship your parts please.
Did you get my mssg. and did that work?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you think you could add this flange to a early 2014 that did not come with the 2nd hole form the factory? I was thinking of upgrading mine to the later cover and might be able to use this...

·
Registered
256 Posts
My clutch cover and billet flange arrived today from airdam . Thankyou. Put back on the bike and looking great.
Now on to my other project. Adding a wet sounds 6 channel amp and Jl sub woofer to my stereo top . And 4 wetsounds speakers to roof. Sub woofer mounts to bottom of glovebox.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd like to order one of these, but have been unsuccessful in contacting Airdam. Is there another way to contact them besides a private message here and the email and phone numbers listed on their website?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I tried to call him multiple times Thursday and Friday and got no answer. And then I called him once this morning and got him the first time. 601-883-9929

·
Registered
256 Posts
No this does away with the inner flange around the secondary inside the belt box. Stm secondaries wont fit inside the beltboxes of 2014 with 4Th vent

1 - 20 of 46 Posts