Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last thing I wanted to do...

Adam at AirDam has our sheaves for our T4 build up that you agreed to partake in. They were supposed to go on the bench after the Mud Nationals. We have yet to receive them and he is not answering either phone, email, and texts. I have exhausted all of those contact methods in reaching him. Our build is being held up here.

Does anybody else here have a direct line with him?

Adam,

I see you post often enough here and maybe this will get us a reply. I need our clutches and for you to contact me now at 518-944-9973.

Jamey Garrant

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
He might be heading to Baja for Baja 500 race. I believe he does clutch work for a few of the racers.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
unfortunately his communication skills are no where near his clutch tuning skills....

I found blowing his phone up around 9-10am his time works sometimes....just keep calling over and over....throw up the bat signal...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wow, Really, I can't believe this! Some things never change!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately his communication skills are no where near his clutch tuning skills....

I found blowing his phone up around 9-10am his time works sometimes....just keep calling over and over....throw up the bat signal...
I've tried this multiple times and also throughout the day. I've left many messages. I've emailed many times also. No call back. No replies. Nothing. I hope he is alright. As I said, this is the last thing I wanted to do to get some kind of response.

Tomorrow, it will be in the Sheriff's hands. I hope he is alright. I see recent posts from Adam. I just don't understand why no replies. He was/is an integral part of our build up. I really hate to be put in this position. Our engine builder is held up due to this. Our build is held up. Our reviews and article is held up. Just a big mess. We have deadlines to meet. I understand when people get busy, but no replies.....something is up. It's about to go out of my hands. I have no choice here.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I've tried this multiple times and also throughout the day. I've left many messages. I've emailed many times also. No call back. No replies. Nothing. I hope he is alright. As I said, this is the last thing I wanted to do to get some kind of response.

Tomorrow, it will be in the Sheriff's hands. I hope he is alright. I see recent posts from Adam. I just don't understand why no replies. He was/is an integral part of our build up. I really hate to be put in this position. Our engine builder is held up due to this. Our build is held up. Our reviews and article is held up. Just a big mess. We have deadlines to meet. I understand when people get busy, but no replies.....something is up. It's about to go out of my hands. I have no choice here.
I'm sure he's fine....I really was at the same point....then poof he reappeared. He could probably double his business (maybe more) with just better customer service and follow thru...once again, communication (good or bad news) is better than crickets....

Sad thing is once you talk to him he really knows his sh*******

GOOD LUCK.....

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's UTV vendors in general IMO .... I've got new turbo and I've been adding tons of parts and calls... I'm batting about 50/50 on absolute complete bullchit customer service... I'm thinking either half of them don't give 2 chits... or they're just too busy, which should be a self correcting problem if they continue the shennigans. Or at least I would hope... but maybe not.

Good luck OP. I have no experience with Adam or airdam ... just my general observation ... and I wonder how some of these people stay in business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure he's fine....I really was at the same point....then poof he reappeared. He could probably double his business (maybe more) with just better customer service and follow thru...once again, communication (good or bad news) is better than crickets....

Sad thing is once you talk to him he really knows his sh*******

GOOD LUCK.....
I hear ya. He does too. We have a deadline we have to keep. Now there will be a lot of explaining and probably charges because of this setback. Communication is key.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ok I'll bite..

What "charges" ? What's "sheriff" going to do?

This is 100% civil... I see no criminal "charges" ???

Someone enlighten me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok I'll bite..

What "charges" ? What's "sheriff" going to do?

This is 100% civil... I see no criminal "charges" ???

Someone enlighten me.
I don't know about any law charges. I don't seek that. We just need our clutches. I am hoping there is a very good explanation for this mess.

When I said charges, I meant from other vendors...this is a sponsored build with many vendors involved. We have deadlines. The machine is taking up space in the shop and we may be charged for that, and some of the other parts if we don't meet the deadline. We chose Adam because we know of his work. He does know his stuff. For all I know, they could show up tomorrow. But this no communication thing has stalled us over a week now. I've been trying to reach him every which way but loose for 2 weeks...all to no avail. If I have to buy a new complete primary and secondary assembly....that's an $1800 dollar charge in itself. This will stall us all the more. At this point, I just want my clutches here and now...done or not.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Call him early in the morning his time and do it like 5 times I could try calling him i never have a problem getting a a hold of him most the time

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Call him early in the morning his time and do it like 5 times I could try calling him i never have a problem getting a a hold of him most the time
Tried. Multiple times. If you don't mind, maybe you will have better luck. Let me know. 518-944-9973. Jamey. This is for the Ricochet Offroad Teryx 4 build up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got a tracking number from Airdam. No call. No email. I don't even know if he touched the clutches or not. If he did, I will honestly let you all know they work.

Thanks people!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts