Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best way to get ahold of Adam or the company? I've been trying to call since Thursday and no answer and his inbox on here is full and no reply from there Facebook either. Just trying to find out when I can drop my bike of to have my clutches built and low sport switch installed. Thanks in advanced for any help with this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't seem to get a hold of them myself.

·
Registered
791 Posts
They just got his fingers pried free from Tripp's holy shit handle LOL.... I am sure he will answer your PM shortly

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I can't seem to get a hold of them myself.
It can't be all work and no play?? You need to live what you breathe once in a while!!! Its ok to take a day off!
:big smile:

·
Registered
96 Posts
It can't be all work and no play?? You need to live what you breathe once in a while!!! Its ok to take a day off!
:big smile:
I agree I've only been working on this a couple weeks. I don't know what's wrong with me calling a business trying to buy a product they offer and find my self getting frustrated just because they never answer or return calls.
I'll start working on my self control and patience while sitting around waiting for vendors to approve me to be able to purchase their products.

Maybe I'll try that approach with my company see how long I last.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree I've only been working on this a couple weeks. I don't know what's wrong with me calling a business trying to buy a product they offer and find my self getting frustrated just because they never answer or return calls.
I'll start working on my self control and patience while sitting around waiting for vendors to approve me to be able to purchase their products.

Maybe I'll try that approach with my company see how long I last.
Okay....My bad for trying to make a light hearted comment and a positive remark....I sometimes forget people are all built different and may be wound a little tighter than others. My apologies If I offended you or you thought i was suggesting a Chill out, or calm down remark. That was not my intent. I have been on the commander forums since 11 and numerous other performance VW and Audi Forums since inception. I pride myself in not pissing people off, that is just not what I do. Just didn't want you to think it was a personal attack, because it was not. Just trying to make light of it all. You should always get back to your customers in a timely fashion, I understand that, or yes, you will lose some and piss people off. It is the order of things. Only wanting to be part of a community to share information and ideas, and enjoy the product we are all part of! Have a good one! I really do mean that.

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Okay....My bad for trying to make a light hearted comment and a positive remark....I sometimes forget people are all built different and may be wound a little tighter than others. My apologies If I offended you or you thought i was suggesting a Chill out, or calm down remark. That was not my intent. I have been on the commander forums since 11 and numerous other performance VW and Audi Forums since inception. I pride myself in not pissing people off, that is just not what I do. Just didn't want you to think it was a personal attack, because it was not. Just trying to make light of it all. You should always get back to your customers in a timely fashion, I understand that, or yes, you will lose some and piss people off. It is the order of things. Only wanting to be part of a community to share information and ideas, and enjoy the product we are all part of! Have a good one! I really do mean that.
I'm not upset with you, I'm pretty easy going myself, I'll explain.

Couple weeks ago I started trying to contact him because of his post on here, was advised to send a pm, did that and did reach him on pm, told him what I wanted and he said no problem, I said ok tell me how you want me to pay leaving my phone number waiting on his call, I was leaving the country (Jamaica) for a week so wanted to get this ordered before I left.
I got a pm saying he would get with me. I then left a message explaining I would be leaving for Jamaica and would be back this past Monday and would like to have it this week because next week I will be out for another week and was wanting to get everything done this week so I would be ready for mud nationals, and will be gone a lot after this week.
So when I get back yesterday I had a message from a lady saying to call her at there number so I have called and left messages and called a few more times with no answer at all.

Now if I was told up front in the pm that I can order all I want but good luck on getting a return call or anything I would have sourced another place.

At the end of the day I'm just a customer that needs to order something because the machine I bought needs it. I don't complain that it needs it I knew going in a first year run will probably need things to make it right, I was a first run buyer of the xp same thing, I've never taking anything in for warranty since it will only be fixed with the same part that broke.

I'm just trying to get this done in a time frame I have to do it in, I tried to pay before I left so there would be no issue and I would have what I needed this week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea agreed that can get fuss straighting ,esp when you got the money ready to hand out like that I can be same way. I'm trying get mine ready for nats also, and got a ton of parts and stuff to do myself on bike before I go. Only reason I started this thread was to find a good way to get ahold of him not to bash him by no means, cuz I do believe that the best parts are worth the wait.

·
Registered
711 Posts
yes you are right, i did alot of work on that maverick over the weekend, left out thursday evening so i could be there early friday morning. installed all sorts of gadgets and tuned things and worked with suspension to make it as fast as it would go.

tripp won 1st and 3rd place in that race. he won in the maverick and the RZR 900XP 4 seater, i co-piloted both, although after winning 1st and 3rd, a few people got upset and the event sponsor made him drop one win and let another person have it so on the books tripp only won 1st place, and someone else took the 3rd place seat.

thats a good buddie of mine, the day he gets a bike, its usually at my shop with 1 mile on it getting everything i can put on it. the maverick is no different, clutching, sport mode low range switch, and BRP race box.

i am at the shop today, and have been on the phones all morning. if i missed you over the weekend or yesterday i can only apologize, but i did go to that race and was out of the shop friday and half a day monday.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm not upset with you, I'm pretty easy going myself, I'll explain.

Couple weeks ago I started trying to contact him because of his post on here, was advised to send a pm, did that and did reach him on pm, told him what I wanted and he said no problem, I said ok tell me how you want me to pay leaving my phone number waiting on his call, I was leaving the country (Jamaica) for a week so wanted to get this ordered before I left.
I got a pm saying he would get with me. I then left a message explaining I would be leaving for Jamaica and would be back this past Monday and would like to have it this week because next week I will be out for another week and was wanting to get everything done this week so I would be ready for mud nationals, and will be gone a lot after this week.
So when I get back yesterday I had a message from a lady saying to call her at there number so I have called and left messages and called a few more times with no answer at all.

Now if I was told up front in the pm that I can order all I want but good luck on getting a return call or anything I would have sourced another place.

At the end of the day I'm just a customer that needs to order something because the machine I bought needs it. I don't complain that it needs it I knew going in a first year run will probably need things to make it right, I was a first run buyer of the xp same thing, I've never taking anything in for warranty since it will only be fixed with the same part that broke.

I'm just trying to get this done in a time frame I have to do it in, I tried to pay before I left so there would be no issue and I would have what I needed this week.

It is all good. At the end of the day..that is what we are all here for. I hope you get what you need and want from Airdam...Sounds like he is playing catch up today. Keep us all updated on the outcome of it all!. I am really impressed so far with the machine. Like you, I would rather pay out of pocket for a bulletproof part/design then repeated dealership visits and trips being ruined.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the tie rods bent. they are hollow aluminum tubes. we put them in a jack handle and bent them back out straight. i am building a set out of 3/4" solid hex bar that should hold up to more punishment. both tie rods bent outward. after about 15 mins we had them straightened almost back to 100% perfect. it went on for the rest of the weekend jumping and whatever else he wanted to do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
It looked like the tie rods bent pretty easy but I am betting they were bent and straightened a few times before this was filmed. Bottom line is the tie rods are flimsy but easily upgraded.
I agree they bent easily, but I was there and that was one hell of a jump. Way higher than it looked.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
711 Posts
the bottom of the sign was 10ft off the ground, and if you looked, the roof was almost to the TOP of the sign. we ended up ripping the sign off the tree.

there was a $100 bounty to the first person to touch the sign, and there was a $100 bounty to whoever could pull the sign down. trip went all for it. that jump had a funny kicker, if you'll watch the videos, everybody nosed down on the landing, there were a few RZRs that ended up ripping the A-arm mounts off the frame. so as big as the maverick was aired out, and as hard as it came down on the front end, i would say it held up VERY well. let me remind you, the tie rod tubes are a hollow aluminum tube. not a solid aluminum rod, just a tube.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Adam, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a primary from you. The Mav's low range works good for me. Can I run your primary without the machining on the secondary? I'd like to keep the secondary stock for warranty purposes, and to eliminate the turnaround.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts