Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i get my Maverick back i think i am going to pull the stock bolt and replace it with the Airdam bolt kit. Any reasons not to, other than warranty?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm in the same situation, my spring and bolt came in today and I believe ill wait till my warranty is up before I swap the bolt out. Not that I dont think adams bolt is better than the factory one I just dont want to chance warranty work when it comes to exploding primarys

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If I dont get my CVTech in time from Airdam, thats the route I'm going to go. Hell, I can't even get the BRP bandaid. All the local dealers I've contacted have units sitting in thier service bays waiting for the recall bolt kits. I'll be in Glamis on the 22nd one way or another....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Seeing the guy that had his bolt break with 10 slippery washers, if I didn't have an ///AIRDAM on the way, that's what I would try next. I've seen it said that if it tightens up after that, you might need up to 450 lbs of tourqe remove it!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Well, my impact is 750#'s on, and 1000#'s off. If that don't break it loose...I don't know what would.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing the guy that had his bolt break with 10 slippery washers, if I didn't have an ///AIRDAM on the way, that's what I would try next. I've seen it said that if it tightens up after that, you might need up to 450 lbs of tourqe remove it!
the airdam bolt is a allen head, i dont know if an allen socket would hold up to that pressure. I am on the fence weather to swap to the airdam bolt.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I wouldn't swap Atleast till warranty is up ! Just go make sure ur bolt holds up b4 u go to the dunes since u just had the recall done ! Lol I had my recall done b4 our last dune trip and stomped it 80 dune miles and no probs

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Airdam clutch is one piece, the factory is two piece so I can see where the bolt may not have to be as tight using the airdam clutch so the allen head is ok.

Im no expert this is just a observation nothing more.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The Airdam clutch is one piece, the factory is two piece so I can see where the bolt may not have to be as tight using the airdam clutch so the allen head is ok.

Im no expert this is just a observation nothing more.[/QUOTE

What we are talking about is using the Airdam bolt with the oem primary. Mega's concern (and mine too) is if the bolt over tightens, getting it back off without stripping the socket head out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts