Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen on here somewhere where someone drilled a second hole on their Airbox and added a second breather for the Airbox. Would this help the bikes performance? Hurt it?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Doesn't give "more" performance but keeps it from being restricted by the long single snorkel

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No added "performance" but it is suppose to help with keeping your belt temp lower and thus should help to extend belt life.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ahhh $hit.....your right. I got caught up reading and replying to the other post's and thought he was reffering to his clutch cover because that is something else that gets snorkeled. My bad. good catch.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So as a more relevant reply to the OP post. Adding another snorkle or openings to help the engine breath does add some performance IMO, but it may not be what you think. On my car, when I added 5 small filtered holes to help it breath, all it did was help the throttle response be a little quicker. Its very slight but noticeable. I also have an aftermarket exhaust which also help's the throttle response improve.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I posted pics a while back where I drilled and ran a second snorkel for my air box and honestly guys all it did was bring performance back to how it was before I originally snorkeled it. It mostly compensated for the amount of distance the air now has to travel to get into the box.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I added a second snorkel to mine also but that was just to allow better flow into the box to try and prevent the engine from sucking air around the lid of the air box into the clean zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts