Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bit the bullet and went with airaid intake, the stock box is a pain in the rear to get out, but they also want you to take off alot of unnecessary stuff. so i only removed the center hood and dash piece. installing the new box was pretty easy and after getting it together it is well worth the money and time to install. significant difference in throttle response and flow just at idle and reving. true test this weekend in cal city.

key advice, use a body saw for the hood. i did not and it took forever......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Keep me posted how it performs. They were offering good deals at the Sand show and I almost pulled trigger. Now wondering if I should have bit the bullet as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keepme posted how it performs. They were offering good deals at the Sand show an dI almost pulled trigger. Now wondering if I should have bit the bullet as well.
thats where i first saw it, then did some research and said screw it and bought it. but i didnt get the deal they had going at the show.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
thats where i first saw it, then did some research and said screw it and bought it. but i didnt get the deal they had going at the show.
Its still alot less money than the Turnkey intake.

BTW, do you go to the Garlic festival every year?

·
Banned
546 Posts
damn thats nice looking installed

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That looks like a nice clean install. Is the Airaid box smaller than the factory intake box?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I think you've got more than the intake going on. Corbeau drivers seat but stock passenger. Harness bar but stock shoulder belt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you've got more than the intake going on. Corbeau drivers seat but stock passenger. Harness bar but stock shoulder belt.
i have alot going on yes, lol i have another thread with my seat install and harness. passenger will get changed i just didnt want to rush it for my trip this weekend

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like a nice clean install. Is the Airaid box smaller than the factory intake box?
the box is smaller width wise but seems alot deeper, not to mention you intake hole goes from 2" to about 6x2" with a nice big filter inside.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whose got the cheapest price on the Airaid air intake?
You can try Weller Racing. I know they sell it at a fair price.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Here is where I got mine and I'm pretty sure you won't find a better price. Make an offer for 259.99 and he will accept it. That was the lowest he would go for me.

Have you installed it yet?
Just curious if it helps alot with the bigger TB?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here is where I got mine and I'm pretty sure you won't find a better price. Make an offer for 259.99 and he will accept it. That was the lowest he would go for me.

Have you installed it yet?
Just curious if it helps alot with the bigger TB?
I have, I am seeing a small improvement but I need to get the tuner dialed in and get it out in the open to really run it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts