Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the Can Am website and was wondering if anybody has installed this prefilter on their Maverick and could provide any feedback on the installation and performance. It look like the filter is installed somewhere behind the glovebox. It's also supposed to fit on the Commander. I couldn't find much on the Commander forum.

The part number is 715000953.

canam_prefilter.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
the mav intake is a small funnel looking thing behind the glovebox. it would be a pita to install and make sure its clean. I would just keep the stock filter clean and make sure there is grease on the foam flange.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing about installation. It doesn't look easy to install or check periodically.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all you have to remove is the glovebox only? I saw there was a couple of hex head screws to unbolt.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The only problem is most of the dirt that gets into your filter, comes in thru the gasket on your air box.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rode through a dusty trail last weekend and opened my air intake. Actually I was riding behind a ATV that was kicking up dust. There was no dust beyond the main filter. I saw a light residue of dust on the inside bottom of my air intake box. No dust that I could see in my foam filter either. I will pay attention and check more often though based on what I have read on this forum but it seems that most had issues with the Unifilter.

·
Registered
964 Posts
You do remove two screws to install the base Velcro piece then it attaches to it. You don't remove the screws once they are in. It will keep some dust from the intake.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I rode through a dusty trail last weekend and opened my air intake. Actually I was riding behind a ATV that was kicking up dust. There was no dust beyond the main filter. I saw a light residue of dust on the inside bottom of my air intake box. No dust that I could see in my foam filter either. I will pay attention and check more often though based on what I have read on this forum but it seems that most had issues with the Unifilter.
the bottom of air box is the dirty side top lid should be clean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts