Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Maverick 1000R with a full front windshield as I figured it would cut down on the amount of dust I would have to eat - if I had the shorty or no windshield at all.

I find that after running for awhile, the engine heat builds up. On a summer's day, this can be uncomfortable.

Wondering if those with the shorty or with no windshield at all have better air flow that would reduce this heat buildup.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
less air restriction = more air flow.

windshields are only good for cold winter riding. dust sticks to them, sun reflects and you are driving blind.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree. To me they are just a waste. Dust flies right around them anyways so whats the point. They scratch super easy when you try to clean them, then you can't see from the glare, scratches and dust. No heat in the cab without one.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
On Maverick, I feel a lot of heat just above my right ankle and it seems behind the passenger seat on the console I can feel substantial heat. Not enough to melt plastic but almost to the point where my hand can't take it. I don't have a windshield yet. Search this forum and you will see many discussions about exhaust wrap and heat shield for the console.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. To me they are just a waste. Dust flies right around them anyways so whats the point. They scratch super easy when you try to clean them, then you can't see from the glare, scratches and dust. No heat in the cab without one.
I agree with your assessment that the dust flies right around them anyway... but, for those of you who don't have a windshield.........???

I have to take the Maverick out in the am so, I'll remove the windshield and see what sort of a difference I feel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just got my maverick. The no window option sucks. I had a rzr prior and a windshield, roof and rear window cut down on dust immensely. plus no need for goggles. I am thinking of building a windshield with vents to cool down the inside in summer. Safety glass windshields do not scratch like lexan. I have had mine on my rzr and works awesome. jUst my two cents.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I heard if you have the windshield only that dust still gets into the interior of the Maverick but if you have a windshield, roof and solid back panel (no screen or net) that the dust is reduced substantially.

Anyone else that confirm this?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you run a windshield only it creates basically a vacuum and will pull dust in. If you run a windshield w/a rear screen or rear windshield & roof it does reduce the amount of dust that comes in by a lot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had the full windshield, scratched very easy. Did not wont to waste $300.00 So I decided to set in the seat and I cut out about 8 to 10 inches in the middle, so you are still looking out thru the cut away, still wearing goggles of course. Last week in a race you would not believe how much mud and debris was on the W/S, but that means that amount was not on me or my goggles. I love this combination, air still comes in thru the opening and also catches most dirt and mud flying. Don't know if this works for you, but I really like the combination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts