Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added air bumps to the rear of there Maverick? I'm pretty happy with my base 2.0 shocks for trail riding but if I overshoot a landing or g out in a dip it's brutal. Seems air bumps would be a good cheaper solution to solve the g out problem and not effect the plushness for average trail riding.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Yup they will get rid of the g-out for sure. I have a pair in my garage leftover from another build I am going to mount on my Mac this summer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Has anyone added air bumps to the rear of there Maverick? I'm pretty happy with my base 2.0 shocks for trail riding but if I overshoot a landing or g out in a dip it's brutal. Seems air bumps would be a good cheaper solution to solve the g out problem and not effect the plushness for average trail riding.
Good idea

·
Registered
545 Posts
Has anybody got a picture and how they are installed and how much? So sorry, never heard of these.
Fox bump

Rather big for a SxS, but can be spaced down for 2" travel.
A well valves shock with a dual rate spring set up with proper slider & cross over can do wonders on sucking up G outs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt that new shocks is the ideal way to go. For someone like me who mostly trail rides but likes to air it out every now and then I think it could be an economical solution to the g out problem. A set of new shocks are 2000+. Two bumps for the rear would be less than 400 bucks with mounting cans.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
New shocks don't have to cost 2k+. We're working on the dual rate/revalve setup now like we do for the XRS 2.5 shocks and it should be in the 900-$1000 ballpark.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sounds pretty good Alex, I was looking forward to some creative fab work on air bumps but may have to hold off for a little while and see how the 2.0 revalving works out.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Alex you think you will have a parts kit that we can just buy? springs and a revalve kit? for us guys that can work on shocks without shipping them? thats about the only thing holding me back is i dont want to ship them and not be able to use my mav.

Reactions: icsmd

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Depends on the 2.0 internals. For the 2.5 h
I can cause I do stuff to the piston. I have to see the 2.0 pistons first

1 - 11 of 11 Posts