Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock exhaust has been proven to be just as good. Its all for sound.
That is some expensive sound...lol.

Back in the day I put on a pipe and a new jet on my quad and it helped performance but was stupid loud. Any simple, somewhat inexpensive ish way to get a more power out of the x3? I have read about Cat delete and the Evo tunes. Not sure I want to go that far yet. Any other simple ways to get more out of it?

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts

Back in the day I put on a pipe and a new jet on my quad and it helped performance but was stupid loud. Any simple, somewhat inexpensive ish way to get a more power out of the x3? I have read about Cat delete and the Evo tunes. Not sure I want to go that far yet. Any other simple ways to get more out of it?
turbo cars don't react to exhaust like non boosted cars.

$300 Dynojet PVCX tuner. plug and play. really wakes up the car, easily removable and will support bigger tunes in the future. No need to send off your ecu. Comes with free tunes.

delete cat will only keep your bed temps down.

I made a $200 exhaust using a Magnaflow muffler and its a little quitter than stock while loosing half the weight and moving the heat out of the engine area much better than the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Yeah push the pedal harder lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo cars don't react to exhaust like non boosted cars.

$300 Dynojet PVCX tuner. plug and play. really wakes up the car, easily removable and will support bigger tunes in the future. No need to send off your ecu. Comes with free tunes.

delete cat will only keep your bed temps down.

I made a $200 exhaust using a Magnaflow muffler and its a little quitter than stock while loosing half the weight and moving the heat out of the engine area much better than the stock exhaust.
Mega is this it? Power Vision Product Details X3&yrid=6547&yr=2018&mkid=6636&mkn=Can-Am&pId=2904&pnum=PV-25001

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
correct, vendors here and ebay and amazon.

don't forget to order a DFP mount for it.
By far the cleanest way to mount that screen. That thing is awkward looking if you don't use that mounting system. IMHO. Tim

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've got this setup and love it. Yes its overpriced but nothing else on the market like it. I was looking at the captains choice but for the few extra bucks I feel the agency setup looks 10x better. You dont really notice a difference open vs closed other than the sound. Added bonus is it looks so good I opened up the rear end to expose everything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I've got this setup and love it. Yes its overpriced but nothing else on the market like it. I was looking at the captains choice but for the few extra bucks I feel the agency setup looks 10x better. You dont really notice a difference open vs closed other than the sound. Added bonus is it looks so good I opened up the rear end to expose everything.
biggest difference is reduced heat when drag racing or under full power, if you build heat, you lose power and the engine being hot also has an affect on the belt. So yes full exhaust has its benefits for sure even if its reduced heat, but i I think free flowing exhaust allows turbo to spool faster as well.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have the AP valvetronic catless downpipe with dump running the stock muffler, it is barely louder than stock while closed. Opened up you can really hear the turbo. I mainly wanted the catless downpipe, the dump valve was an added bonus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts