Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
The $3K price is for there regular shock, if you will (I believe it has rebound and compression adjustment). If you have a few thousand more you get to adjust them on the fly with your iphone, ipad or I think they have a control module. I saw their set up at an off-road show in October.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Alex, I should have a set of ECX-3's that we'll be testing in Glamis at the end of this month.. You are welcome to come out and take mine for a hot lap..

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I talked to one of the guys from JRI, he gave me his honest view on the shocks and I'm going to hopefully run up to their shop and pick some up in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, they are good guys. I have been working with Jeff on some development stuff for our GRC Supercars, and worked with Tony before when he was at Elka.If you've never been over there before, make sure to get the tour..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I have, I've been several times and know some guys over there. I'm just waiting for them to get out of their road racing ways and more into a offroad configuration.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any updates / reviews on JRI 's 2.5 shocks yet?
I'm looking to replace my fox 2.5s asap for my next race meeting end of next month.
From what I see the JRI ECX1 are only compression adjustable ? and am unable to find any sxs racers using them.
Cannot find any detailed info or pics of the ECX3.
I hear there a good thing just need more info before pulling the trigger.
Would also like to know how they stack up against the ELKA stage 5s and FOX GOLD shocks.
Would like to have AReed do some magic on my stocko's but freight too and from Australia would not make it a budget deal.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I've still yet to hear some real feedback on the JRI's other than what some of the guys working there have to say about them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a set of the JRI shocks on my maverick and have to say there the best thing out there hands down. We have had them now for a little over a month and not an issue one. We have had them in several different types of terrain ridding and have to say I think they work better the rougher it gets and never did I feel them fade like I would the fox shock that was on there.

·
Registered
680 Posts
also what model JRI shocks are they?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Back from the dead thread....... Aside from re-working existing shocks, what are the top dogs nowadays? Still no more feedback from JRi????

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would say the OEM shocks with some CT RaceWorX massaging.....I have yet to hear a single complaint from anyone who has done the upgrade (myself included).

Reactions: jchevy4x4j

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would say the OEM shocks with some CT RaceWorX massaging.....I have yet to hear a single complaint from anyone who has done the upgrade (myself included).
I 2nd this! I have the dual rate and re-vavling done through Alex on the stock 2.0, and there is a huge difference! The ride is so much smoother on dirt and rocky roads. Havent tested in the sand yet for the whoops, but I can definitely tell the difference will all the other riding I have done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok so for those people like myself that do not have factory shocks to have reworked what would be the best shocks to buy? I am removin g the air ride on my xmr is the reason I need new shocks. All my riding is rough trails and rock crawling type terrain.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
If you aren't wanting to spend a lot of money I would find some base model 2.0 shocks. They'll ride better in rocks compared to the 2.5s stock to stock.
If you want to spend money I can set you up with Fox Gold Series shocks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the reply Alex, I tell ya what when you get a chance pm me a price on the fox gold shocks shipped to 35950.

Thanks Burt

61 - 79 of 79 Posts