Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into my shock options now. So far I have found a handful of options. Now I just need to narrow it down. Please feel free to post your experiences below or list another option I may have missed

FOX

2.5 PODIUM RC2 UTV Shock | FOX
UTV Shocks | FOX

ELKA

Side-X-Side Shock Absorbers | Elka Suspension

JRI

JRi Shocks - News
JRi Shocks - Off Road|UTV

WALKER EVANS

Can Am Commander OE UTV Replacement Coil Over Piggy Back Shocks

KING

King Shocks Can-Am Commander Adjustable Performance UTV Shocks « King Off-Road UTV Bolt-On Shocks : kingshocks.com

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just send your stock shocks to Alex reed or fcr suspension, they can respring and revalve the ones you have and save a bunch of$$

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
If I was getting a set of shocks and I had 2.0s that I was getting rid of I would go with The Fox Gold Series. A buddy of mine had FCR's and went to the Gold Series and said there was no comparision, FCR's beat him up and the Gold Series where like riding on a cloud. I've got three racers I'm building shocks for now that where running FCR's because they beat them up so much so be aware of that if you go that route.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The stage 5 Elka shocks are still in development and will be available very soon. With the high flow valving these shocks will be a game changer. Stay tuned

MaddMack

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I don't, I havent heard any complaints out of the Max, everyone that owns one says they love how it rides.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't, I havent heard any complaints out of the Max, everyone that owns one says they love how it rides.
There is always room for improvement...turn that caddy into a Ferrari!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just spoke with FCR. It sounds like they know these machines pretty well. I may go that route....
Personally, I would send them to Alex. He has a proven reputation for building shocks that work and that goes back to shocks for guys on the Teryx forum.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Personally, I would send them to Alex. He has a proven reputation for building shocks that work and that goes back to shocks for guys on the Teryx forum.
I'm still waiting on you to ship yours out Marty. I know that Teryx is gone lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm still waiting on you to ship yours out Marty. I know that Teryx is gone lol
Yeah the car has to go back to Magnum this week to get the cage rebuilt. Maybe before my Xmas trip I can get you to rework my rear shocks to remove the bucking. I had the Fox guy adjust them at camp rzr and they are better but still room for improvement.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah the car has to go back to Magnum this week to get the cage rebuilt. Maybe before my Xmas trip I can get you to rework my rear shocks to remove the bucking. I had the Fox guy adjust them at camp rzr and they are better but still room for improvement.
Do you know what they did to them adjustment wise? Anything different than what most of us are already doing?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex did not have any setup for the base 2" shocks. His time was spent on the 2.5's. He didn't sound interested in fooling with mine.

I talked with FCR and was told they can set mine up with single rate, dual rate, or their WORKS setup. He would spring and valve it to have a plush ride at slow speeds and work well at high speeds. What kind of setups did the people with the FCR's have? I think they make their own valves.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts