Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to replace my factory stock Xrs seats with some after market suspension seats. Both the Commander & Maverick have a narrow seating area. So I am wondering what seats guys have been installing and if any modification was needed to get them installed. I have seen PRP's competition seat, Beard's Torque seat and Twisted Stitch's Excel. Are there any other manufacturers or brand that someone has installed? I have the Beard Super T1 seats in my Teryx and LOVE them but I beleive they are a little too wide. Any comments or info?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I would go the PRP route. They have a seat built for the Maverick along with a seat base that bolts in. I'm a dealer for them as well so that sways my decision a little.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go the PRP route. They have a seat built for the Maverick along with a seat base that bolts in. I'm a dealer for them as well so that sways my decision a little.
Yeah I may end of going that route. Your seats are the competition pro seat model correct? Or are they the basic competition seat model?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what i thought.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I was down at Twisted Stitch's shop. They have some badass seats for the Commander and Maverick. I'll probably go that route....someday.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was down at Twisted Stitch's shop. They have some badass seats for the Commander and Maverick. I'll probably go that route....someday.
What was the model name? Excel or ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
This was a few months ago, andI forget the model name, but it was thier newest seat design.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there new seat is the vortex but they don't have it listed for the Can-ams.
They only show the excel.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'll try n stop by the shop soon and ask what the name of the seat he was showing me was. We were down there picking up seats for bro-in-laws new sand car, and I mentioned I had just bought a Mav. He showed me a brand new seat design that they had just finished. It was truly a badass seat. Problem I got is age has brought on partimers disease. I can only remember shit part of the time...lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it wasn't the vortex cuz that's been out a year or 2. They must have a brand new model that is not out to the public yet.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
you would be correct sir. But it was maybe 3 months ago...I would think they would be offering it up by now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I need to check with them before I do anything

·
Registered
171 Posts
We have those PRP seats you're talking about. It's the GT and you also have to get the Maverick seat bases, which will cost $140.

Total price on the set with bases, your choice of colors would be $900

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have those PRP seats you're talking about. It's the GT and you also have to get the Maverick seat bases, which will cost $140.

Total price on the set with bases, your choice of colors would be $900
I have never heard of the PRP GT seat. Is this new? Doyou have a picture?
I know they have a seat called "competition" that was built for the commander.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts