Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying the all white base model Maverick and I want to add ps and I'm looking into Super Atv or Wicked Built. Which do you guys recommend and why?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Silly question but why not just buy the one with Factory PS? I think it also comes with the QE front diff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silly question but why not just buy the one with Factory PS? I think it also comes with the QE front diff.
Well because I do not like the red suspension, and red accents everywhere. So I am buying the all white one. I don't rock crawl or mud bog so I don't really see a need for the QE model and yes it comes with everything but I just don't like the overall colors of the XRS. These things should all come with PS, and QE anyways!!!! Stupid that they don't. So Wicked Built or Super Atv power steering. Plus the White XRS looks kinda like my Walker Evans XP 900 I just sold...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would look into purchasing the factory p/s unit & switch, your dealer should give a discount on parts after purchasing a new Mav & maybe install for you during assembly. The 2014 should already be wired up so install would be easy and w/ the factory p/s you have 3 different p/s sensitivity modes. I'm not familiar with the factory system but the different sensitivity modes seem like a good idea. If going aftermarket, I prefer wicked bilt over the other. I purchased it for mine because the fit and finish is superior and works great. It was worth spending a little more so I don't see it hanging down under my dash.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well because I do not like the red suspension, and red accents everywhere. So I am buying the all white one. I don't rock crawl or mud bog so I don't really see a need for the QE model and yes it comes with everything but I just don't like the overall colors of the XRS. These things should all come with PS, and QE anyways!!!! Stupid that they don't. So Wicked Built or Super Atv power steering. Plus the White XRS looks kinda like my Walker Evans XP 900 I just sold...
I guess that makes sense. I would think the factory PS would be better to have your dealer do the install as part of the deal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I agree but when I asked them about it he said they never have installed one... I will talk to him again about it because its one of those gotta haves for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would look into purchasing the factory p/s unit & switch, your dealer should give a discount on parts after purchasing a new Mav & maybe install for you during assembly. The 2014 should already be wired up so install would be easy and w/ the factory p/s you have 3 different p/s sensitivity modes. I'm not familiar with the factory system but the different sensitivity modes seem like a good idea. If going aftermarket, I prefer wicked bilt over the other. I purchased it for mine because the fit and finish is superior and works great. It was worth spending a little more so I don't see it hanging down under my dash.
So does the wicked built go under the hood in front instead of under the dash?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
super atv here. made a world of difference. If that's your game plan on getting the base I'd vote for super atv.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have a Super ATV power steering kit and am very happy with it. You can see the unit stick out a bit when in the driver seat but it does not interfere with leg room at all. It's the cheapest steering kit out there and I have yet to see anybody complain about the unit other than that you can partially see it. It's one of the top mod must have you should get. Huge difference in ease of steering.

Well one thing they could do better is explain in the instructions and video install to not use the blue wire. They completely ignored this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've use wicked-bilt and super atv on other SxS's and they both work well, after spending 100 miles in my 2014 XRS this weekend I would not trade the factory tri-mode DPS for anything.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
The super ATV seems to give more feedback. I prefer less feed back and more assist and run the Wicked Built and I'll stand behind it. I haven't drove one with factory PS yet

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are they both about the same cost?

·
Registered
131 Posts
super atv work great. weve go 800 miles on it . everything from trial riding to 4hr races. PM me and will get you a great deal if interested

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are they both about the same cost?
The wicked built is about $75 more. I've had two wicked builts ( commander and maverick ) and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I recall Wicked to be a lot more than just $75 for me. It was more like $200 more for me in Michigan anyway.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Yeah the Wicked built will be a good $200 more. We sell it for around $900 shipped, it retails for $995.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
So does the wicked built go under the hood in front instead of under the dash?
The Wicked mounts under the dash just like the SuperATV. But the wicked bilt is tucked up under the dash more & can't be seen. On the Super you can see the motor hanging down above the gas pedal. I prefer the clean install of the wicked myself but both units work well. The factory unit mounts just above the steering rack on the 2014 which is pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts