Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thinking about oil pressure, water temp, and volts... question is, mechanical or electric? Does the engine have an xtra place to mount or do you have to use some sort of Y splitter on factory sensors? If electronic, how do you determine the correct OHM rating to get the right readings? Being there isn't much ventilation for the motor, I would really like to know what the heck is going on down there!

Myron

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I used Auto Meter electric, short sweep Ultra Lite II gauges. I made my own mount, but you can buy one from UTVinc, or TurnKey. This guide helped me with a few questions I had. Install is not difficult if you have a little mechanical apptitude.

Gauge install tutorial - Can-Am Commander Forum

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
ah, but one must first understand that the answers he seeks are layed out before him to read.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So the engine does have some xtra ports to use?
yes it has a extra port for both. i went with all electric. use the front head bolt by the rad hose i drilled thru(take it out first) it then very very carefully tapped if for my sending unit that was 1/8" pipe. for the oil it the set screw thats in the middle of heads.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have an extra 3 hole gauge plate from Turnkey thats powder coated black just like Andys that I will sell cheap. Pulled it out of my commander before I sold it(same as the maverick). Still in really good cond if anyone is interested just PM me.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
yes it has a extra port for both. i went with all electric. use the front head bolt by the rad hose i drilled thru(take it out first) it then very very carefully tapped if for my sending unit that was 1/8" pipe. for the oil it the set screw thats in the middle of heads.
I didn't need to drill and tap, I just got a metric adaptor from Auto Meter to go from 12m 1.5 threads to 1/8"npt.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Most Honorable Sensei. Will search forum over for answer I seek. With much ruck I will find.. As for the guage plate I'm going Carbon Fiber or making a custom ABS unit to fit up on the dash.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The video I posted up for you shows you where to install your sending units for your gauges. With the exception of an oil presure sensor (sold seprately by Auto Meter) and some adaptors (also sold seperately) the gauges have most on what you need in the box. You might need to get a little creative getting them all wired up. I installed a fuse block behind the dash panel (thanks Mike) and wired all my crap into it. I connected all the wiring with Delphi weather pack connectors to make the dash removal easy. Now...nuthin to it sept to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts