Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Wildcat and now the Maverick soon I see all these fairly pricey aftermarket exhaust systems making all these wild claims, and NO ONE is backing it up with hard data. I just don't understand why they won't offer proof of the performance. You ask them for it you get ignored or shady responses. Why won't someone stand up and say HERE IS OUR DATA AND PROOF. Do a Dyno before and after, it's that simple. That would get my business in a heartbeat. Till then, I am not taking a 800-1200 dollar risk. Am I alone?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lord knows I could care less how it sounds, as long as it isn't too loud. I am after performance and reliability at a reasonable price. Someone offers that, someone proves that? I'm all over it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Good luck, without doing other mods like intake etc your not gonna see any gains. Thats why no one will show proof that there exhaust makes power. Need to wait till they sell a package kit with intake, exhaust, programmer, throttle body etc...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
if it made power a dyno sheet would be posted b4 the product, lol

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I made the same comment about proof of performance on another thread. I see all these intake and exhaust products that say improved performance but no data to prove it. The only performance product that seems to actually improve performance on the MAV with proof is the QSC, CV Tech or STM clutches. Most are buying the primary for reliability.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you are buying an exhaust only get the one that sounds cool to you (btw for me it is the two bros 3/4 exhaust it just speaks to me). I have said it before their is no such thing as a performance exhaust, only performance packages that include an exhaust.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't want to start a fight on this subject but to me everyone wants or believes different results. There has been info put out and no matter what some people are not happy. I have done business with VForce John over the years and he has never lead me wrong. He dyno the same Mav on his dyno before and after the muzzy install. Before 72 RWHP and after 80 to 81 RWHP. You can either do the testing yourself or believe someone else's testing. True or not, the exhaust will work better than stock.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't want to start a fight on this subject but to me everyone wants or believes different results. There has been info put out and no matter what some people are not happy. I have done business with VForce John over the years and he has never lead me wrong. He dyno the same Mav on his dyno before and after the muzzy install. Before 72 RWHP and after 80 to 81 RWHP. You can either to the testing yourself or believe someone else's testing. True or not, the exhaust will work better than stock.
I have said it a number of times too...just always make sure you add a improved air intake and a fuel controller...the results are there.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have said a few times too...just always make sure you add a improved air intake and a fuel controller...the results are there.
Exactly!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, right now my XRS is trapped in my trailer. Took 5 guys to squish it down and fit it inside. I can't get it back out. I don't want to let air out of the tires but it's starting to look that way. =(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts