Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After washing the bike started spurting and then would not start help please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Will it crank over, Or just nothing when you push the button?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have a programmer. I'm not sure now it want even try to start it just turns over. In the beginning once it would start sputtering the check engine light would come on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
check your main relay (R2) or the fuel pump fuse (F15)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked all of the fuses relay is the only thing I haven't checked. When I switch it to on I can here the fuel pump cycle

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
hmmm, well if you hear the fuel pump running, it is most likely not a fuel issue. Have you checked to see if you are getting spark?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
the ignition coils and fuel injectors are both powered thru the F5 fuse (7.5A). Just in case, I would swap it with a new fuse and see what you get....

·
Registered
48 Posts
You most likely got water in a connector somewhere. Start taking all you electrical connectors apart and put dielectric grease in them. This will help with water in the future. A truck at work was having this exact problem that you have. You might have also got the coil wet.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well, what have you tried so far? Have you taken it to the dealer? Are you getting any codes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I work on the road and haven't had much time to work on it. So I pulled the spark plug and it had some carbon build on it. Put the spark plug back in and it tries to start and then dies and check engine lite comes on. The two codes it is showing p0137 p1106. Also I checked all the fuses and the rel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
remove the connectors on the ECU. Inspect them and then reinstall with dielectric grease on them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No that didn't work. It's actually throwing three codes 01 p0137, 02 p0131, 03 p1106

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts