Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so to answer some of the questions about the cat delete concerns that have been raised I went out and bought a couple hundred buck AFR gauge. The Hardlineutv guys put it in and ran it up and down the road a bit...and as suspected it ran 11.1 at full throttle, and as low as 10 under load. Idles at 14.7 btw. So, here's where the questions begin. Lot of guys far more knowledgable about this than me, hell I know nothing. So we know it's rich...do I care? Should I? Why if so? It's plenty fast for me btw, up till the dyno guy said something I never cared. When it's empty I fill it, when I push the gas it goes. Also, any of you guys smart enough to know how much HP I'd gain by bringing mixtures in line? I know that's asking a lot, but there are some damn smart guys out there...can't hurt to ask.

Couple quick pics. 2014-03-29 19.43.02.jpg 2014-03-29 19.43.21.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
for a few bucks more you could have bought a Doebeck Gen 4 AFR+ and had not only the gauge but also the programmer to make the adjustments......

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I would see decent gains from it I'll buy one. Wish I knew for sure, be an easy decision.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I would see decent gains from it I'll buy one. Wish I knew for sure, be an easy decision.
Good looking gauge. If nothing else, keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
From just reading the threads about programmers, The Doebeck seems the least recommended of all the programmers talked about on this forum. Not saying it's bad or you shouldn't buy it but just an observation I've noticed.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Build a lot of turbo 1200 doo's and the AF gauge you are running is what I use, good choice. As far power to gain I wouldn't know but their is definitely some left on the table as I would say you should be somewhere around 12.0 W.O.T.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's a lot of power left there . The timing table is pretty conservative as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts