Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Following. Very interested in both of these kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have been trying to decide between these two myself. I like the aerocharger turbo,real air filter and intercooler . I like the plumbing (keeping dual mufflers),larger injectors,new pistons and the reflash of mxc. If i can find a dyno within a reasonable driving distance i may just make my own. After pricing a new xds. With trade in I would be looking at 12-13 thousand plus financing, and still have to mod it. so a turbo kit, and stretching the rear diff on my 13 seems the way to go.

Reactions: Sako7STW

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just installed the aerocharger kit and so far pretty happy with it. The kit went together good with no hassle. The only pain was disassembling the maverick, mainly the exhaust. I'm running 5lbs of boost and it definitely makes a nice difference.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Chris are you running pump fuel? How's the clutching working? Power?
I mixed about 50/50 100 octane and 93 just to be safe. The clutching is close. I haven't payed alot of attention to it because I been monitoring the A/F gauge and boost. Now that I've got the air/fuel where I want it I can play with the clutch. As far as the power its feels strong but thats no dyno. My buddy just bought a XDS turbo so we will be racing probably next week so that should give me a good idea on the power.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have been trying to decide between these two myself. I like the aerocharger turbo,real air filter and intercooler . I like the plumbing (keeping dual mufflers),larger injectors,new pistons and the reflash of mxc. If i can find a dyno within a reasonable driving distance i may just make my own. After pricing a new xds. With trade in I would be looking at 12-13 thousand plus financing, and still have to mod it. so a turbo kit, and stretching the rear diff on my 13 seems the way to go.
I am with you on the it doesn't make financial sense to upgrade to the XDS at this time and DIY turbo. I ride between 7000ft and 11,000ft altitude which can take 3-4 lbs of boost just to get back to sea level performance. Many guys here are putting small turbo's on their 4-stroke snowmobiles and not even changing anything else like ECU, fuel controller, injectors, ect. to get back to sea level performance that the machine is actually designed for. I think I might start another thread to discuss this further but ya, I am thinking along the same lines as you for sure. You can do a stretch and a turbo kit for 6-9k so why pay 12k difference for a stock machine you still have to mod. Not me, I'll take the extra 4K+ and use it for fuel.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I went through the same thing.....but at the end of the day, I like having a warranty, and my XDS is pretty much stock. I do have a flash and working on a few other goodies, but again, its a better starting point IMHO.

The aftermarket turbo kit opens a can of worms in a way.....and the way I saw it, if I bought a nice clean used Maverick for $13K, add in the 6-7K to turbo & build engine, I am right near the cost of an XDS, and I still have a Maverick worth 13K!

To each his own though.....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts