Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I officially have one ride under my belt with my Aerocharger MAX. I really like it but cannot answer any of your questions at this time. There are a few differences that I know of. One important one is that MCX reflashes your ecm and Aerocharger does not. Because of this, I would say the MCX can be pushed harder without restrictions from the torque limiter, shaft saver, etc. I cannot say for sure but I would venture to say that keeping the stock ecm is probably the "safer" route to go but just know that you will be governed in a way. I am going to get a reflash at some point but I only plan on running 5lbs of boost and pump gas. The reflash on an Aerocharger kit will likely allow you to adjust your variable vane more to your riding style (bring on the boost sooner or later). This way you can really take advantage of the Aerocharger technology. Also the Aerocharger utilizes a self contained lubrication system. I am happy so far and the folks at Aerocharger are easy to reach and offer answers to any questions.

Aerocharger intercooler mounts into the hood with a ram air scoop. MCX mounts up behind the rear seats (from what I've seen)
MCX kit provides forged lower comp pistons. AC = no pistons
AC uses a Donaldson air filter setup. MCX uses a foam UNI style filter
AC comes with a TEAM aftermarket primary clutch. MCX requires mods
AC has boost and AFR gauge included. MCX has boost gauge
MCX uses larger injectors and map sensor. AC uses stock injectors along with a billet machined plenum ring with a 3rd injector and 3 bar map sensor.
AC uses a fuel controller (made by Donek). MCX programs it all into your ecm.
AC comes with blow off valve. MCX = no bov.

Both kits are well reviewed. You may be happy with either one. I look forward to getting more seat time on mine. So far so good.

Shaneway59 on here has a MCX kit. He has good things to say about it. Maybe he will chime in.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Unless you see the rear end and realize the single exhaust. That may make someone scratch their head a bit but they still may not know.... It's fast and will be a great compromise that my whole family will enjoy. I won't have to get a sitter every time we want to ride now either. I loved my 2 seater but this one is growing on me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
A phone call would answer your questions. I plan to keep mine at 5 lbs. it's plenty for tight woods riding. If I was riding dunes I would be tempted to crank that up for sure. I too would look into changing some internals if I was to get up past 7 lbs'ish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts