Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between each? Pros/Cons? HP gains from each? Anyone have a dyno of each to compare? How do these compare with the stock XDS? Just curious at this time.......

USA

·
Registered
401 Posts
I officially have one ride under my belt with my Aerocharger MAX. I really like it but cannot answer any of your questions at this time. There are a few differences that I know of. One important one is that MCX reflashes your ecm and Aerocharger does not. Because of this, I would say the MCX can be pushed harder without restrictions from the torque limiter, shaft saver, etc. I cannot say for sure but I would venture to say that keeping the stock ecm is probably the "safer" route to go but just know that you will be governed in a way. I am going to get a reflash at some point but I only plan on running 5lbs of boost and pump gas. The reflash on an Aerocharger kit will likely allow you to adjust your variable vane more to your riding style (bring on the boost sooner or later). This way you can really take advantage of the Aerocharger technology. Also the Aerocharger utilizes a self contained lubrication system. I am happy so far and the folks at Aerocharger are easy to reach and offer answers to any questions.

Aerocharger intercooler mounts into the hood with a ram air scoop. MCX mounts up behind the rear seats (from what I've seen)
MCX kit provides forged lower comp pistons. AC = no pistons
AC uses a Donaldson air filter setup. MCX uses a foam UNI style filter
AC comes with a TEAM aftermarket primary clutch. MCX requires mods
AC has boost and AFR gauge included. MCX has boost gauge
MCX uses larger injectors and map sensor. AC uses stock injectors along with a billet machined plenum ring with a 3rd injector and 3 bar map sensor.
AC uses a fuel controller (made by Donek). MCX programs it all into your ecm.
AC comes with blow off valve. MCX = no bov.

Both kits are well reviewed. You may be happy with either one. I look forward to getting more seat time on mine. So far so good.

Shaneway59 on here has a MCX kit. He has good things to say about it. Maybe he will chime in.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Unless you see the rear end and realize the single exhaust. That may make someone scratch their head a bit but they still may not know.... It's fast and will be a great compromise that my whole family will enjoy. I won't have to get a sitter every time we want to ride now either. I loved my 2 seater but this one is growing on me.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
I decided on the Aerocharger kit. It appears to me it's more of a complete kit than the MCX. Plus it's adjustable and you can run pretty good amount of boost with just a change of fuel.

Reactions: Usa450r

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
here are a few shots that show some of the AC components

hood scoop

TEAM primary

rear

Maynard, what did you have to give for this kit, and who'd you buy it from?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I decided on the Aerocharger kit. It appears to me it's more of a complete kit than the MCX. Plus it's adjustable and you can run pretty good amount of boost with just a change of fuel.
I would put forged Pistons in before adding much more boost than 5 to 6 psi the Stock Piston ring lands are weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wonder how firm that price is...

·
Registered
401 Posts
A phone call would answer your questions. I plan to keep mine at 5 lbs. it's plenty for tight woods riding. If I was riding dunes I would be tempted to crank that up for sure. I too would look into changing some internals if I was to get up past 7 lbs'ish

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
My mcx max has been parked in my garage for almost 2 months now, sleds take priority during winter months. People with turbo mavericks wanting to turn them up, just remember, once you do increase the boost, it's hard to turn it back down, at least for me. My maverick will go back on the dyno in the next month or so, test it out at 15psi boost and see how it likes it. After installing a boost controller, it tagged 15psi for a moment before I let off, I know I liked it!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Shane,

what kinda numbers have you seen on the dyno so far? How are belts holding up?
When the kit was first installed, it pulled 118rwhp and 75tq at 11psi. The mcx mapping is a bit rich but that's where I'd rather be. We might play with fuel at 11psi next time on the dyno, definetly will play with boost and see how mapping does.
So far, clutching has been flawless and belt life is above expectations, with STM clutches. I'm at approx 900km on my max, half of those boosted and still on original belt and last time I checked, belt still looked fine so I left it on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
When the kit was first installed, it pulled 118rwhp and 75tq at 11psi. The mcx mapping is a bit rich but that's where I'd rather be. We might play with fuel at 11psi next time on the dyno, definetly will play with boost and see how mapping does.
So far, clutching has been flawless and belt life is above expectations, with STM clutches. I'm at approx 900km on my max, half of those boosted and still on original belt and last time I checked, belt still looked fine so I left it on.
You running 93 octane or Race fuel??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.