Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, we've got the installation instructions and a video walk-through ready to go. This install is fairly intuitive for anyone familiar with these systems, but sometimes a few extra angles don't hurt in order to see how everything is routed. Feel free to check em out and see how this kit goes on.

Kits are boxed and ready to go. Cost is now $6000, with a full primary clutch assembly from TEAM now included in the package. We'll have a big info thread posted up here shortly with all the details.

Aerocharger Can-Am Maverick Installation Manual PDF

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
This is the most legit turbo kit for the Mav I've seen yet. Now let's get some power numbers up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks for the install vids. It give us potential buyers a great insight of the product and the skills necessary for installation. As mearsman has mentioned, I also look forward to seeing some supporting data such as dyno charts HP numbers side to side comparisons vs a stock Maverick....etc.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
So you just change the primary too a team clutch and left the secondary stock? or does the kit come a new helix and spring for the secondary

·
Registered
216 Posts
How many beers can you get drank before exhaust gets to back of vehicle, through turbo, charged air get from turbo to front of vehicle, through intercooler, back to throttle bodies, through throttle bodies and into motor?

Good Lanta I've never seen so much exhaust and charge tubing. The Mav is really a terrible setup to boost without getting super creative. I thought someone said your could turn the intake/throttle bodies around and have them facing the rear? If you could do that and have a W/A air box you would basically eliminate all charge tubing. Put the heat exchanger where they have the intercooler right now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many beers can you get drank before exhaust gets to back of vehicle, through turbo, charged air get from turbo to front of vehicle, through intercooler, back to throttle bodies, through throttle bodies and into motor?

Good Lanta I've never seen so much exhaust and charge tubing. The Mav is really a terrible setup to boost without getting super creative. I thought someone said your could turn the intake/throttle bodies around and have them facing the rear? If you could do that and have a W/A air box you would basically eliminate all charge tubing. Put the heat exchanger where they have the intercooler right now
Our tech gave me back the math for that conversion - this sytem works out to have a volumetric beer equivalent of:

12 beer exhaust capacity
15 beers in the charge tube
23 beer stock plenum
intercooler sized for 9 beers

He's a funny guy. Ultimately, it takes under a quarter second to pressurize the entire volume in this charge system, from turbo to intercooler to engine. It helps that the Mav isn't fighting excessive backpressure here either, thanks to smooth charge tube radii and rapid spool-up from the 53 Series.

You're right about this vehicle having certain challenges for kit builders. Flipping the manifold is one way to do it, but we don't feel it's a viable option for production - our team's goal is to design turbo systems that require the least amount of frankensteining possible on the stock vehicle. A while back we produced a system for the Commander for the purpose of power train validation, and on that vehicle we encountered similar issues with the layout that kept us from taking a system into production. The Maverick on the other hand is a seriously fun platform with a great engine, and we're able to justify the engineering, tooling and sourcing necessary for all the extra custom parts.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
do you have the info available on the kits yet?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Which long travel kits are you guys running on them black beasts ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
What a package , long travel turbo

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
A lot of hp still left on the table though due to the compound angles in the cv's. If I had that much money to put into it. I'd have 930 adapter knuckles cnc'd to hold the hp and be reliable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
They run summit bros axles in the hcr kit ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ah with standard cvs hmm I'd blow em through the woops

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the detailed rundown with photos for Aerocharger's Can-Am Maverick turbo kit, and it'll be stickied in our vendor forum here as well.

THE AEROCHARGER CAN-AM MAVERICK TURBO SYSTEM

AT A GLANCE:
Price: $6000.00 for the Air to Air Intercooled Can-Am Maverick Turbo System.
Turbo: Aerocharger 53 Series.
Trim: 114 Compressor/ 250 Turbine. This configuration will offer an excellent balance of power and efficiency. Aerocharger carefully sized this turbo to produce the snappiest throttle response possible on the Can-Am Maverick.
Boost: Can be operated from 4psi on up. The turbo ships pre-set with a 5 PSI boost spring, and a 9 psi boost spring is also included. Watch this video to see how to easily adjust the boost on an Aerocharger.
Fuel: For unmodified engines, use a minimum of 91 octane fuel at 5.5psi, 100ll (aviation) fuel for boost up to 7.5 psi, and 110 octane race fuel for any boost level greater than 7.5 psi.

Performance Gains: For unmodified engines with a standard configuration, this system is capable of producing 50-110 hp over stock. Powertrain upgrades are recommended for boost levels greater than 10psi. This system is rated at over 300 hp – the Aerocharger is a variable vane turbo with a very wide efficiency range, and this system has plenty of room for upward expansion. The Aerocharger Can-Am Maverick turbo kit is compatible with engine mods such as big bore kits or lower/higher compression. Contact Aerocharger for recommendations on any high-boost setup.

Power Band: Conventional turbo systems may attempt to mask slow turbo response through clutching or electronics, but this can limit your clutching options, hurt low-end power, and ultimately make the vehicle less fun to drive. Luckily, turbo lag is a non-factor for the Aerocharger. The Aerocharger vane assembly allows the turbo to function as a small turbo on the bottom end for rapid spooling, and a big turbo on the top end for large power. This creates an extremely fun driving experience where power is tied right to the throttle. An ultra-responsive, high performance power band makes the Aerocharged Can-Am Maverick much more drivable than conventional turbocharger technology.

Here's a look at some of the components that ship in this kit.

AEROCHARGER 53 SERIES

VATN Technology: Aerocharger’s powerful variable geometry tech optimizes turbine size, producing lag-free boost. Excellent performance for high altitude and technical riding.

Independent Oil Supply: The Aerocharger contains its own oil supply allowing for clean and fast installation, with reduced risk of complications when riding. This turbo does not require oil lines to be run from the engine, weakening the stock oiling system. It is only necessary to check the oil annually and top off as needed.

Non-Flooded Bearings: Innovative oil misting system allows for drag free bearing performance and ultra-fast spooling. A substantial performance increase over conventional ball-bearing turbochargers.

Total Exhaust Use: 100% of exhaust gasses pass through the turbo, eliminating the need for energy-sapping waste gates and spark arrestors.

D5S NiResist Alloy Construction: This premium aircraft-grade metal contains up to 38% nickel, with corrosion resisting properties that are better than stainless steel.

AEROCHARGER COMPONENTS:

TURBO ACCESSORIES: Cerakoted heat shield, turbo oil, gaskets, and all other necessary parts and fittings are included for the Aerocharger unit.

AIR/AIR INTERCOOLER: The Can-Am Maverick turbo kit comes with an Air/Air intercooler to efficiently drop charge temps without any additional load on the stock system. Installs into the hood to free up space for accessories in cab and cargo areas, and a formed ram-air scoop forces clean, fresh air through the intercooler core.

POWERJET COLLAR: The Powerjet Collar attaches between the stock air plenum and the throttle body. A pre-installed Powerjet Injector delivers fuel under boost.
FUEL CONTROL: The Powerjet is controlled by Aerocharger's pre-programmed fuel controller. For almost all riding conditions, it is plug-and-play right out of the box.

EXHAUST: The y-pipe bolts from the stock engine headers to the turbo, and a high-flow muffler assembly bolts right on to the turbo to reduce system backpressure. All pipes are treated with premium Cerakote high-temp ceramic coating.

]
PRIMARY CLUTCH ASSEMBLY: A complete Primary Clutch assembly by TEAM Industries is provided in this package to replace the stock primary. This clutch was selected for superior reliability and performance under turbocharged operation. A new primary spring and adjustable clutch weights are included to complete a custom setup, with our recommendations for different boost levels and elevations. This Primary Clutch assembly ships pre-set for 5 PSI.

ALSO INCLUDED

Boost and AFR Gauges: Gauge included for easy reference. The AFR Gauge's color display has excellent on-the-fly readability.

Silicone Charge and Intake Tubes:Silicone construction for durable, efficient performance.

DONALDSON FILTER:Industrial filter element provides the ultimate air filtration.

Turbo Support Bracket:Attaches to the vehicle subframe to stabilize the turbo.

Hardware, wiring, and boost lines: Some stock bolts will be reused for the turbo install, and all other needed hardware is included. Aerocharger exhaust bolts pre-treated with anti-seize for your convenience.

Reference Materials: Manual, quick start guide, turbo guide, templates and stickers are included for simple installation.

INSTALLATION AND SUPPORT: Aerocharger engineers are available for troubleshooting and advice for the life of the product. All Aerocharger systems are designed so they can be installed by someone with basic wrenching skills and typical garage tools, and clutch tools will be required to adjust the clutching on this vehicle.

Since 2008, Aerocharger systems have been the only side-by-side turbo kits developed directly by a turbo manufacturer. Our goal has always been to bring the most complete, most efficient, and easiest to install kit to meet our customer's needs for big power. BRP has made a very fun platform with the Can-Am Maverick, and we're happy to help our customers unlock the full power potential of their 1000 CC Rotax engines. Reach us at (913) 829-3400 or post us any questions here, and we'll be happy to help you get some boost into your Can-Am Maverick today.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You state that for unmodified engines with a standard configuration, this system is capable of producing 50-110 hp over stock. Can you please elaborate what you might expect from a stock Maverick with 5.5, 7.5 and 9 PSI setups. Also, do you have any dyno sheets for reference?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts