Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're ready to announce an anticipated ETA of June 1st on the Aerocharger Can-Am Maverick Turbo Kit. It's been a long time coming, and as far as product development cycles go, this was certainly a unique one. Believe us when we say this Maverick turbo was worth the wait; it's as strong running and fun to drive as any any system we've released to date.

ANTICIPATED RELEASE DATE: June 1st, 2014
PRICE: $5500.00
PRE-ORDER SPECIAL! The first 15 kits sold qualify for a $500 discount. We've got a growing list of reservations for the first production run right now. Email [email protected] or call the office at 913-829-3400 to get your name on the list - no deposit required.

Look for final production pics, performance data, and more content to come in the next few weeks, and thanks everyone for your patience and support.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
a gift from the gods!!!! Can't wait to see some data on this setup....

·
Registered
207 Posts
There ya go mearsman! No need to build your own!

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I hear ya, but shoot, $5500? I've already got the clutch setup so I wonder how much they'd take off because of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
53 Series Aerocharger
High-Flow Exhaust
Donaldson Air Filter
Clutch Upgrade
Fuel Controller
Boost & AFR Guages
OVERVIEW

·
Registered
207 Posts
Clutch upgrade? Sounds like a clutch kit? Need to upgrade to a rage 8!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The kit on the XP900 also comes with a "clutch upgrade" and it is basically a helix and spring for the secondary. No complete clutch. I assume the Maverick kit would include something similar....

·
Registered
791 Posts
I suspect the run a smaller turbo to reduce lag with the long charge air tube required on the Maverick.

So there is no charge air cooler with this setup?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The charge tube is so long because of where the throttle body sits in the car in relation to the turbo that the inlet air temperatures are a lot lower in the Mav. You can put in an intercooler in the Mav to gain 5-10 more hp but that's about it

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just thinking out loud here but why couldn't you turn the intake around and have it feed the engine from the rear of the vehicle with a canister style filter that comes out of the rear rack in the corner behind the drivers seat.....I know you would have to reroute the CVT exhaust ducting and possibly give up your cup holders but that shouldn't be too hard to do......

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am looking at the MCX kit, it uses an air to air mounted to the rear cage much like the RZR kits. What are your thoughts on that mearsman? I have never drove a turbo'd UTV. What would be the disadvantages of having the Air to Air besides blocking vision to the rear? Is it going to noticeably effect turbo lag?

·
Registered
791 Posts
just thinking out loud here but why couldn't you turn the intake around and have it feed the engine from the rear of the vehicle with a canister style filter that comes out of the rear rack in the corner behind the drivers seat.....I know you would have to reroute the CVT exhaust ducting and possibly give up your cup holders but that shouldn't be too hard to do......
This is how Shane Dowden's S3 Racing Maverick is setup. His intake tube is running straight in from the back through where the cupholders were, about half exposed. It is not a turbo setup but same intake concept you are talking about

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This is how Shane Dowden's S3 Racing Maverick is setup. His intake tube is running straight in from the back through where the cupholders were, about half exposed. It is not a turbo setup but same intake concept you are talking about
Thanks.....so I am not crazy for thinking this could work. The intake should easily be able to flip around 180' and mount facing the rear of the vehicle. You could fabricate your own intake from the throttle body to the air filter setup then and make it work fairly easily.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Now you know why I'm entertaining building my own setup. The sticky part for me is the tuning of it all. The piping isn't an issue for me. Its the turbo tune and fueling

1 - 20 of 29 Posts