Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, Aerocharger has a booth and will have our turbo Maverick on display at the Sand Sports Super Show at the Orange County fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA. Swing by, grab a can coozie, and Calvin Felker will be on hand to answer any questions you got for him. Hope to see you there!

On another note, wanted to mention that we're stoked on the release of the new Maverick x DS. We had a pretty good idea this model was coming, and as performance enthusiasts we're as excited as you are to watch the industry push the envelope. Forced induction is going increasingly mainstream, and we're happy to be playing a part in that. Our Aerocharger Maverick turbo system has received huge attention this last week as people weigh the factory option against what is available on the aftermarket. Either option is going to deliver a very different set of results and performance, and it's a great time to be a consumer with new choices and different ways to hit your power goals. Feel free to give us a call at 913-829-3400 for information about our systems and products. For our part, we'll continue to develop, test and produce the highest quality technology in the industry, and keep bringing you the big power you need for race day and every day :cool: - Aerocharger Staff

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Yea what he said !! I'm going to turbo but with no numbers you are checked off my list. Too much money for a hope and promise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea what he said !! I'm going to turbo but with no numbers you are checked off my list. Too much money for a hope and promise.
I have tried to get info from these guys for months no email or phone call ever returned .Cant imagine if I bought something from them the lack of Cust service .So glad Can am got us covered wouldn't think of these guys .

·
Banned
122 Posts
yinz were first on my list, but now that boondocker is about to release a turbo kit, i'm interested in how they will compare....i really like the variable vane turbo you offer (could be a more trail friendly turbo), but the a/w intercooler and fuel controller BD has is quite intriguing. Like Mr. Mearsman suggested, need some plots on the dyno!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Boondocker has had that stuff on their website for at least a year. Don't look too much into it. I also wouldn't put any credence to the boondocker hp numbers. At only 12 psi it's possible to get 200 hp but lag is going to be tremendous. To get that big of a turbo to light, you're gonna have to stuff fuel and then it's only gonna light around 6000 rpm. I'va had leggy turbod and they suck. Id rather have a quick spool lower hp turbo than a a high hp laggy piece of garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Boondocker has had that stuff on their website for at least a year. Don't look too much into it. I also wouldn't put any credence to the boondocker hp numbers. At only 12 psi it's possible to get 200 hp but lag is going to be tremendous. To get that big of a turbo to light, you're gonna have to stuff fuel and then it's only gonna light around 6000 rpm. I'va had leggy turbod and they suck. Id rather have a quick spool lower hp turbo than a a high hp laggy piece of garbage

Yup, what he said

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried to get info from these guys for months no email or phone call ever returned .Cant imagine if I bought something from them the lack of Cust service .So glad Can am got us covered wouldn't think of these guys .
Morty, did you know we are located very close to Kansas City? Swing by for a tour sometime!

I'm very sorry if we missed your call or email, we are usually very good at following up with interested customers. If there's still anything we can help you with, feel free to PM me your contact info and I will have someone get with you ASAP.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Morty, did you know we are located very close to Kansas City? Swing by for a tour sometime!

I'm very sorry if we missed your call or email, we are usually very good at following up with interested customers. If there's still anything we can help you with, feel free to PM me your contact info and I will have someone get with you ASAP.
Can you please acknowledge the other comments/questions regarding HP /dyno numbers. We understand the reservations with doing this but ultimately, you are losing a lot of potential business by not sharing even rough numbers or dyno charts from some of your builds......simply ignoring the repeeated requests on the forums is not instilling any confidence in your product for potential buyers....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you please acknowledge the other comments/questions regarding HP /dyno numbers. We understand the reservations with doing this but ultimately, you are losing a lot of potential business by not sharing even rough numbers or dyno charts from some of your builds......simply ignoring the repeeated requests on the forums is not instilling any confidence in your product for potential buyers....
Sure thing Heavysledz. As stated before, we're ethical when we state performance gains, but we're also used to seeing the truth get stretched by others in the industry. We produce systems for the Maverick that are reliable, clean-installing, have the best throttle response, and can produce between 50-110 hp over stock depending on boost and setup. The position from our engineers and the performance shops we work with is that a dyno is a great tuning tool, but you can't rely on them for marketing purposes. Even with a dyno sheet, top HP claims from a kit builder are just that - a claim. There's just too many ways to cheat a dyno to get to get at the big top number. You'll likely see dyno runs from 3rd parties soon, and if you'd like more info, give us a call and we'd be happy to talk to you about your build and power goals.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well said. While I have no interest in a turbo for my mav I'm not new to the dyno game. A good dyno operator can get any number that the owner wants to see with enough manipulation. Dyno numbers mean shit unless every bike is tested on the same dyno on the same day with the same atmospheric conditions.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I wouldn't think a pre and post Dyno run with the same settings on the same vehicle would be unrealistic. I personally am not looking for a Dyno sheet that shows without a doubt the best possible HP you can expect but one that shows typical gains one might expect to see with your setup running "X" pounds of boost....

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
42 Posts

Thx for the reply how bout I come by and see if you could just give me an installed price and I can relay all the great results.i'll bring my checkbook and am ready !! I'm in Kc and was told over a year ago that I was on the list to call when it was ready.i also emailed 3 weeks ago but let's do it.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
If they can't take the time to call you when you're on a "list", why would you trust them to work on your ride?

I can spend my money anywhere I want. IMHO businesses should EARN my business. You gave them a chance, and they floundered. #sorrynotsorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
There is some features of the aero charger that I think will be good . The variable vein should make it spool like a small turbo and flow volume like a larger one. The sealed oil for the turbo seems like it could be good by not tapping into the oil system of the motor, but the heat buildup in the turbo from the exhaust could bake the small amount of oil contained in unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone that came out! Calvin said our booth stayed crowded and kept him pretty busy, and that it was an awesome show :)

Thx for the reply how bout I come by and see if you could just give me an installed price and I can relay all the great results.i'll bring my checkbook and am ready !! I'm in Kc and was told over a year ago that I was on the list to call when it was ready.i also emailed 3 weeks ago but let's do it.
PM'd!

If they can't take the time to call you when you're on a "list", why would you trust them to work on your ride?

I can spend my money anywhere I want. IMHO businesses should EARN my business. You gave them a chance, and they floundered. #sorrynotsorry
My bad, I thought everyone on that list had been contacted but it looks like we missed someone. We're looking into it.

There is some features of the aero charger that I think will be good . The variable vein should make it spool like a small turbo and flow volume like a larger one. The sealed oil for the turbo seems like it could be good by not tapping into the oil system of the motor, but the heat buildup in the turbo from the exhaust could bake the small amount of oil contained in unit.
That's a great question - the Aerocharger's oil supply and bearing system are located on the cold side of the turbo, protected by several layers of thermal insulating plates. A simplified Aerocharger turbine is in our logo - the part of the shaft that extends past the two rotors is where the bearings are located. This system is partly responsible for the Aerocharger's exceptional efficiency, and was proved out during a 30,000+ hr full boost operating test. Check out this brochure for a diagram and more info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im Interested in a used aero charger turbo

I can't afford a new turbo unit so I thought maybe someone took one off and wants to sell it.

Thanks

Rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts