Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - first off I am fairly new to this forum and was previously a Jeep guy but got tired of breaking my rig and spending big cash of fixing it after each weekend.....so i took the plunge and bought a 2013 Maverick (pics below). I have done some researching on what i would like to do next to it and would like some advice; the rig already has snorkel, 30 inch tires, roof, rear storage and doors. I am looking for a little more power, with a clutch and exhaust along with some protection with bumpers and skids and of course i need a kick A$$ stereo for some tunes. If anyone has any other suggestions or where the best place to buy these parts is i would appreciate it (I live in Alberta CANADA btw). My thoughts so far are below:

Clutch: QSC/STM clutch (why not just go with the STM primary and secondary?)

Exhaust: Muzzy or Trinity (my snorkel restricts airflow some, not sure if it will work well)

Programmer: I know nothing here except some auto calibrating and some where you adjust A/F ratio yourself, (needs to work with the clutch and snorkel)

Bumpers: I have not found anything that is terribly compelling except for a bumper from S3 Powersports as for the rear I would like something along the same lines are the front. For rockers and skids I am very open to suggestions. S3 Powersports Can Am Maverick Extreme Front Bumper

Stereo: The only thing that i have come across which isn't a custom build is the SSV sound bar. I would love to throw some aquatic speakers in but is there a kit to help the build (aka mounting bar and clamps to mount speakers to the roll cage?)

Axles: I have heard good things about Rhino axles

Misc: If there is anything else i have missed and should consider upgrading I am all ears, I want to do this once and do it right the FIRST time

Cheers,
Sherlock

Maverick.jpg IMG_20140201_160014.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
I’m still fairly new to the maverick mods as well. If you don’t already have some tie rods I would order some, front gusset kit would be a good addition also. Both are a very good prevenative measure to help some weak areas. The Clutch I think some people go with the QSC for the price vs STM. I think the QSC might be easier to adjust. Personally I plan to go with a STM Rage6/stm gen 2 combo. Muzzy would my exhaust choice for a full system. My friend has a SSV system I don’t like it not loud enough and pain to mess with the buttons. It will charge an Iphone but has no usb charging for an andoid. Sport low override is a great mod to do expecially with the 30 in tires

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would say your list of mods is about normal and most if not all can be found thru supoorting vendors on this site. Just start slow and do some searching and some reading and that will probably answer most of your question. The biggest difference in the QSC & STM primary clutches is cost. The STM may work a little better but if 10th's of a second are not important to you then the QSC is plenty adequate and cost about 1/2 depending on which STM you go with.

Also, the Mav works better when the wheels are facing towards the ground. :big smile:

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Utv inc weld on pivot point gussets
Utv inc front suspension gussets
Holz steering rack brace(pita to install)
Utv inc aluminum tie rods
3/8" thick skids

Not a fan of loud exhausts(too much money for no power increase). Just delete costs and upgrade air filter system.

STM/STM clutches from Airdam.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

Any suggestions on what the best computer is?
your list looks pretty accurate good with the addition of those things mentioned below for reliability. What are you asking for in regards to a computer? Are you talking about fuel programmer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the lack of clarity, yes I was wondering about a A/F programmer, i feel like my snorkel is robbing the engine of airflow and would like to adjust it or better yet have an autotune programmer

·
Registered
528 Posts
As far a A/F tuner... the Dynojet is the most versatile... also lets you advance the timing. The LED screen is also very valuable if your into that kind of information. Tie Rods, CT racing hands down..also like the gusset kits the best. Tires, GBC Mongrels are one of the better all around tires.

We run a full STM setup, but a stock BRP primary with the correct STM secondary works very good too...
I'm a big fan of Summer Brothers Axles..competitively priced too.

The ONLY skids to consider in my book at the Factory UTV uhmw skids..ask anybody who really uses them...nothing else compares.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. I am getting ready to pull the trigger here soon on the mods.

I guess the last piece of the puzzle is the stereo, i haven't been able to find a nice stereo which will last through some mud and water.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am getting ready to pull the trigger here soon on the mods.

I guess the last piece of the puzzle is the stereo, i haven't been able to find a nice stereo which will last through some mud and water.
Check out AudioFormz...I run there setup with the four 8" speakers and it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not trying to sway ones opinion, however, I disagree with Amos on the A/F Tuner. The most versatile and accurate will always be a Monster Product.

Ive ran the blinky boxes to the power commanders but the Fuel Monster/Tune Monster is way ahead of all of them. I'd encourage you to read more at Monster-Products.com

·
Registered
112 Posts
X2 on the audio formz Rockford fossgate set up.
With your air intake for your snorkels I was thinking of adding another breather hole on opposite side of the air box and joining it to the CVT intake with a v shaped joint with a bilge blower in front of both and another pulling air from the rear of CVT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts