Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using to attach things to your roof rack? (Camping things like portable chairs)

I know at the end of the day ratchet straps can be used, but seems like overkill to allocate a strap to everything. Gonna need more straps!

I have uses a bungie cord on something before and it came off. But maybe I didn't do it well enough.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its pretty tight. I’ll have anything from chairs, tacklebox, backpack, metal detector. All kinds of different things at different times and mine holds everything nice and tight
What are you even attaching the carabiner to? This rack doesn't have any attachment rings or points anywhere. Unsurprisingly they didn't really thing the rack through, or maybe wanted to save on welding time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
🤦🏽🤦🏽 My apologies sir… I’m an idiot….
I was thinking adventure/ roof rack as in generally speaking. You’re asking about can am’s adventure rack , which I don’t have .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I attach the carabiners to a soft loop strap. I don’t know if these would work with your adventure rack but they work great with my roof rack.
The problem I see with that is alot of the rack is long pipes. I don't think the net will sufficiently stay in place and tight as the loops will slide up and down the pipes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are you guys using to attach things to your roof rack? (Camping things like portable chairs)

I know at the end of the day ratchet straps can be used, but seems like overkill to allocate a strap to everything. Gonna need more straps!

I have uses a bungie cord on something before and it came off. But maybe I didn't do it well enough.

Have you figured anything out yet? In the past I just used retractable tie down straps for camp chairs/table etc. And you're right, its a pain! Maybe build a compartment style "box" for your gear so everything has a place? I'm thinking something along the lines of a drain pan with shallow walls and to limit weight. just a thought.

I'm having a similar issue with mine now. I bought a couple of HQ rifle cases from Sportsmans and I'm trying to figure out a way to do a quick detach on the adventure rack. I plan on making one a tool/supplies kit and the other maybe for when I actually take fam and friends shooting. I can just drill the case and bolt them down with the existing holes on the rack but I don't want it to be a permanent fixture up there. If someone could revive this thread, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts