Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XXC sits low the a-arms are level empty and with me and an adult passenger they invert. I've put 200 miles on it and have peeled the stock skids back in spots. I need more ground clearance. From looking at the suspension if I adjust the rear preload the rear will toe out. How should this be adjusted?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Adjust the upper spanner nuts on the shocks down to raise ride height and them adjust the radius rods to reset toe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should've been more specific. I'm wondering what to set the toe at?
Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Should be toed in 1/8"

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ok... Disconnect the rear radius rods and adjust, I like the rears to have no tow in or out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How much can you turn down spanner nuts on shocks before your sacrificing performance of shocks? Also any recommendations on rebound and and compression setting on xxc 2.0 shocks for rough uneven terrain?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
You could probably get away with about 3/4". There is no rebound adjuster. Just a single compression adjuster.
Adjust compression all the way out to the softest setting and add as needed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You could probably get away with about 3/4". There is no rebound adjuster. Just a single compression adjuster.
Adjust compression all the way out to the softest setting and add as needed.
thanks for the fast reply Alex! You still plan on doing some shock testing for the xxc?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Already doing it. Looks like it's going to be a dual rate front and rear. I dual rated the rear already and changed the front spring and kept it a single rate and I'm not happy with it. Those single rate setups are so harsh at low speeds. I jumped it several times and I have it flying straight. After the new springs come in this week we should have the tune finished up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts