Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a quick question, i have never added lights beyond what oem has on them, or lights and radio, but would like to adding a 3"0 bar (maybe) and radio drain the system. that is my concern here, is the battery/running system able to produce plenty of juice to run it hours on end at night, both at idle speed and moving without running down anything. as it sits stock, add light and radio and ride, with no upgrades to the charging system.?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
add up the watts of the accessories and compare it to what the maverick puts out while running. Make sure to leave half of the watts avalible for running the machine.

if you want to run a stereo for long periods of time you need a second battery and an isolator.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
These machines have a 600w or 640w stator in them. You will have no trouble with a radio & 30" light bar. I run hid headlights, 5 hid off-road lights, 2 - 6' lighted whips, stereo and have no problems. I recommend installing a volt meter if you run a lot of acessories so you can keep an eye on your elec system.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya the maverick stator is 650 watts and all four headlights on is 220 watts ! But with light bar u won't need headlights

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts