Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,387 Posts
This is a solution looking for a problem.

Stick with the OEM offset wheels for best steering.
Buy a 72" if that works for you.
It was a concern before I tried it, but 5/2 made little to no difference. Slightly noticable on protruding rocks here and there but no death grip on the wheel required. The worst thing about the car I can feel is from that garbage 3 piece sloppy assed steering rack. Ordered an ST billet rack last weekend and that will be the end of that.

·
Premium Member
12,707 Posts
Kind of thought that. I thought you were looking for help, and ground clearance and not a lift kit. Read over the thread, and you should know what to do.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Running a stock 2021 Ds turbo. Spent the 4th july in the Ozarks at Rush Springs. Realized i definitely could use some extra height. Have stock tires. Debating in a 3 inch lift or taller tires when these go. Advise on which is better for machine and part suggestions welcomed
How did you like Rush Springs? We are planning to go down there late September or early October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I did gained 3” in the front and 5” in the rear factory clearance was 11” in front and 10” in rear now sits at 14” in front and 15” in rear after settling the suspension. Super easy to do.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Read the entire sentence. Crossover rings for more ground clearance. I'm not sure if he's looking for just height, or ground clearance.
Crossover rings do absolutely nothing for ride height. Pre-load does. The cross overs are the component that makes the springs dual rate. When the spring divider comes in contact with the crossover that’s when the bottom spring really starts taking over. Sitting still, the crossover is just sitting there doing absolutely nothing, nothing in contact with it so it can’t have anything to do with ride height

·
Premium Member
12,707 Posts
Crossover rings do absolutely nothing for ride height. Pre-load does. The cross overs are the component that makes the springs dual rate. When the spring divider comes in contact with the crossover that’s when the bottom spring really starts taking over. Sitting still, the crossover is just sitting there doing absolutely nothing, nothing in contact with it so it can’t have anything to do with ride height
Yes, I understand. What I was trying to say, and what I printed was two things, LOL.

·
Premium Member
12,707 Posts
I’m just laughing at all the posters correcting you as if you’re a newb. I knew what you meant by your original post.
It's all good! You should have been here for the aluminum roof fiasco! Everybody including me got a good laugh! I knew what I meant, it just didn't come out through typing the posts.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
381 Posts
I am looking for ground clearance. Kept bottoming out on certain sections
More spring rate (tightening the top spanner nut on the springs) will give you more clearance and more spring rate (stiffer) to help from bottoming out.
Sometimes bottoming out on certain terrain will happen and is normal part of riding.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick X3 XMR Turbo
27 Posts
I have a question on the Fox tune, I did this after a week of getting my X3 X MR it was very low in the rear I had to turn the rear shocks almost 2 1/2 inches to get the Fox measurements and 1 3/4 inches in the front which took me to 17" in the rear and right at 16" in the front, so now the question should I have done the crossover rings while no weight was on the car or while it is back on the ground ? I read on here that it should be done on the ground and Fox isn't specific on when that should be done, also did anyone else gain that much clearance after doing the Fox tune ?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You adjust crossovers on the ground with the suspension settled. Make sure to roll it back and forth and rock it around to settle it first like they show.

You will gain a lot of ground clearance from factory for sure, they come pretty low.

You can easily tell at a glance who has not adjusted their suspension from factory. The radius rods will look almost level with the ground. At proper ride height the radius rods have a lot more angle to them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok thanks looks like I got some more adjusting to do then, and looking at a picture of the rear the radius rods have good angle to them now. Thanks.(y)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
More spring rate (tightening the top spanner nut on the springs) will give you more clearance and more spring rate (stiffer) to help from bottoming out.
Sometimes bottoming out on certain terrain will happen and is normal part of riding.
FYI: Adding spring preload does not change the spring rate.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ok thanks looks like I got some more adjusting to do then, and looking at a picture of the rear the radius rods have good angle to them now. Thanks.(y)
You don't go by radius rod angle. I'm just saying it makes it easy to spot one off the showroom floor.

Also, I can't remember exactly where Fox wants you to measure crossover settings from. It may not actually matter if the car is jacked up or not depending on where their reference point is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You don't go by radius rod angle. I'm just saying it makes it easy to spot one off the showroom floor.

Also, I can't remember exactly where Fox wants you to measure crossover settings from. It may not actually matter if the car is jacked up or not depending on where their reference point is.
I did a measurement once I got home and they are at 4 1/2 inches which is correct for the fox tune

21 - 40 of 44 Posts