Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a stock 2021 Ds turbo. Spent the 4th july in the Ozarks at Rush Springs. Realized i definitely could use some extra height. Have stock tires. Debating in a 3 inch lift or taller tires when these go. Advise on which is better for machine and part suggestions welcomed

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
Taller height how? Are you using all your suspension? Have you adjusted your crossover rings to get more ground clearance?

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,391 Posts
Have you set your ride height yet? Or still running factory setup? Doing that will get you a decent amount.

Lift kit👎👎👎

Taller tires yes.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
Crossover rings for more ride height?
Read the entire sentence. Crossover rings for more ground clearance. I'm not sure if he's looking for just height, or ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
Ok I see what you're saying. He's looking for "height" haha.
I've been on this forum long enough to know that guys say one thing, and mean another......

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
Ok I see what you're saying. He's looking for "height" haha.
Especially since he's running a stock 21, with 19 posts. Odds are he's bottoming out. And looking for a fix. That's why I asked if he was using all his suspension.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
I guess you can say that after 12475 posts.
Yeah, I can. Just giving a new member advice, pretty simple. Advice is there to be taken or not.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Radius rods are probably almost level with the ground and high centering the car on rocks etc is my guess.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
Radius rods are probably almost level with the ground and high centering the car on rocks etc is my guess.
And guess what happens when you adjust the suspension?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ok you two, crossover ring adjustment does not change ride height.
Lowering the crossover rings will increase resistance to bottoming out.

Lowering the preload rings (or nuts) increases ground clearance by increasing the spring preload.
That is how the OP can get a 3 inch "lift".

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Lowering the preload rings (or nuts) increases ground clearance by increasing the spring preload.
I'm well aware crossovers do not increase ride height. And preload rings do. I agree 100% with you.

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts

I agree. You said it perfectly!

·
Registered
203 Posts
As a novice I'd like to chime in on this with a question that will help me and others (I hope). On my 2018 X3 I followed the Fox video to adjust my shocks. I wanted my car to sit higher and I wanted a better response to wash-board trials. After doing mine I did indeed get the car higher off of the ground and found the ride much better BUT my width was no longer 64" - I was at 62" wide measuring from the outside of the tires. So is that an issue? My eventual "fix" was 32" tires on 5*2 offset rims. I sold my '18 and will be doing this again on my '21 once it comes in......

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
As a novice I'd like to chime in on this with a question that will help me and others (I hope). On my 2018 X3 I followed the Fox video to adjust my shocks. I wanted my car to sit higher and I wanted a better response to wash-board trials. After doing mine I did indeed get the car higher off of the ground and found the ride much better BUT my width was no longer 64" - I was at 62" wide measuring from the outside of the tires. So is that an issue? My eventual "fix" was 32" tires on 5*2 offset rims. I sold my '18 and will be doing this again on my '21 once it comes in......
Makes sense, as your car suspension gives you more clearance while doing adjustments, it naturally pulls in the wheels. I didn't think it would pull them in 2", but anything is possible. And you found a great fix!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Not really an issue no. The higher up you set it the more narrow it gets. Nothing can really be done other that going 5/2 like you did.

Same exact situation and measurements as myself.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
And guess what happens when you adjust the suspension?
In his case I would say he is at random factory height and will have to preload the springs using the PRELOAD RINGS/NUTS increasing ride height to avoid scraping rocks at low speed. Nothing to do with crossovers.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
My eventual "fix" was 32" tires on 5*2 offset rims. I sold my '18 and will be doing this again on my '21 once it comes in......
This is a solution looking for a problem.

Stick with the OEM offset wheels for best steering.
Buy a 72" if that works for you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts