Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to let everyone know that I PMed and E-mailed Adam and got replies the next day on both. Called him on the phone (1st try) and spoke with him about wanting the stronger secondary spring and a clutch puller. Right off the bat Adam made sure that I knew I didn't need the puller to remove the secondary and then sent me the invoice for my preference of payment. Later that afternoon I approved payment on the invoice he sent me for the spring and puller. I realized the following day that I forgot to order his primary and secondary retaining bolts. I E-mailed him the next morning informing him that I forgot about the bolts, Minutes later I already recieved an E-mail that my order had shipped so I figured I missed out on the bolts. Got home today and found my UPS package on the porch, opened it, and to my surprise I found both retaining bolts, my spring, my puller, and a secondary spreader bolt. Needless to say, I was suprised, never even received another E-mail about further payment. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that my experience with Adam was excellent. Thanks AIRDAM.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't say anything about clutches due to the fact that I am running the stock POS. Just know that there is a bunch of shit flyin around about AIRDAMN vs KRIS and wanted to put in my 2 cents where I could. I would rather see shit flyin about RZR vs Maverick, lol.

Reactions: boovan and Benzo

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Be sure and don't use Loctite on the primary bolt. Do use Loctite on the secondary bolt. And I also tightened both of my bolts tighter then the stock specifications.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure and don't use Loctite on the primary bolt. Do use Loctite on the secondary bolt. And I also tightened both of my bolts tighter then the stock specifications.
Were you actually able to torque the primary and secondary with the ratchet strap method or whatever? I was kinda thinkin bout just hittin it with an impact.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I used a piece of aluminum wedged between the secondary and the frame to get a torque wrench on that. For the primary, I have the Airdam one and the strap method would not work on it. So I put a bolt and nut in the bench vice, tightened down with my impact, and then checked it with a torque wrench to see how tight it was. I was then able to use the impact on the primary bolt and got it to what should be about 100 pounds.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I know there has been some bad press for AIRDAM. Adam has been very supportive to me. 1st order I had with him was for a spare belt, a secondary spring and his bolt kit. Arrived when and how it was supposed to. I then bought a primary clutch,and a clutch puller. Again they arrived like they were supposed to. The primary wasn't performing as it should, and Adam and myself talked extensively over the phone about what was going on. He sent me new sliders, new weights, and a new primary spring at no charge. After an afternoon of expermenting, and with Adams help, I got my clutch working the way it should with a stock secondary. The man did what needed to be done to get my clutch working properly. I'm a satisfied customer, and will be doing more business with Adam soon to get an STM secondary.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jsmith did you get the black violet dalton spring or a different one? Also have you gotten a chance to use with new spring?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts