Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is every one useing and how do they like it? Iv never owend one but might try the roam2 out. Itll be on a roll cage we dont have helmets out here.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I think that's the one I have. The video quality is excellent, but the sound is horrible! And there's no jack to hook up an external mic. I picked mine up for $120 from WorstBuy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the goPro2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about drift but like u said the sound isnt there on all the videos i watchd and gopro video looks funny sumtimes with the water case on it, at least thats what im thinkn it is.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I thought about drift but like u said the sound isnt there on all the videos i watchd and gopro video looks funny sumtimes with the water case on it, at least thats what im thinkn it is.
It's not the case its the wide angle lens. I think it's called a fish eye lens. I have a hero 3 black and love it. More options than I will ever use and records in a lot of different formats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The black was one of the first ones i really wanted but then i figured i could spent alot less and hopefully still be happy since iv never had one to compare to. I got a sony handy cam thats pretty old so i kno anything will be better. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have a GoPro 3 black edition...and it's awesome. I'd highly recommend it. Take a look at this...just raw video from a ride in Nemadji State Park in MN with my Wildcat.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The gopro,s cosistantly rate higher in picture quality than the others. Im not a fanboy as the others have some nicer user features for sure.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
High res wide 16x9 ratio. And as for being a traitor, that Wildcat is going bye bye tomorrow. Trading it in on a Maverick. =)

·
Registered
150 Posts
What editing software did you use to do the text graphics ??

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Something missing in that video that I just can't quite figur...........oh wait. There's no dust! You need dust! Take some of ours, we've got plenty of dust on our trails and you can have all you want.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
LOL...it was wet as hell. Normally we too have dust. I'd prefer the dust over all the mud and crap. I was soaked that day head to toe, had soggy underwear even. Very unpleasant conditions, but man I love riding so I just sucked it up.

As for the software? I use Cyberlink PowerDirector. I am a complete noob with it and it's capable of a lot more, I just am too lazy to read and figure it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We use the drift HD also, love them, waterproof without a special case, remote control comes with it, As for the sound, put a piece of masking tape over the mic, fixes it right up. I have two cameras, 1 front 1 rear, synced them both to 1 remote, work great just push the button and they start /stop recording

1 - 20 of 21 Posts