Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my sport low switch and the gear selector says that I'm in neutral instead of high gear when the new sport low button is pressed. Everything seems to be working fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and also if this will cause a problem later?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Which one did you buy? Does it operate properly? Do you ever get an "E" when you activate the switch? I got mine from articbomb off ebay and after installation it read "H" when in low range with both sport switches activated which is how it is supposed to operate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it from articbomb also. I just drove it and it works fine. It just says I'm in neutral. I'm not sure if I should worry about it or not.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would probably try to get another from artic bomb just because. If he doesn't cooperate then I would just run with it if it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok now it's working ok. Not sure what's going on. All of the factory connectors had dielectric grease in them. Besides it just being a good idea to put some in the sport low connectors could that cause this to happen possibly?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I believe it's been said that some of the Mavericks have a different diode in them. Contact Articbomb and he'll get you fixed up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep I had the same problem. Even though you think its working properly, you're limited to 7500 rpm. Articbomb will send you another harness and get it all worked out. Rob is super helpful.

Even though it seems to be working properly now, you will get better performance with the correct harness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the switchless. When first installed it gave me a fault message and an E in both Low and HIgh. The next day all was working well. No fault message and a N in Low and High. Articbomb said it did not effect the working of the switch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rob is sending me the fix for it! I believe he said I'm going to be changing out the switch block and it will be good! He told me can am put a different throttle position sensor in some maverick models and that's the reason for the error code.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts