Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
My buddy just had both of those codes and going into limp mode all from a bad belt put a new brp belt on and problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Unbelievable. My maverick has been at the dealer this whole time with zero follow up on their part. I called Can-Am and they stated there is nothing they can do for me. I asked of they had regional reps of some kind that i could talk to and theu said they do not jave anything like that. They said my only recourse is to take it to another dealer. I went in and spoke to the GM of the dealer and he said he would look into this personally and call me back, but I have no faith in these guys at all.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Your dealer does not care about you and apparently neither does CanAm. Try another dealer and after that it's time to look into legal recourse. Unfortunately you have "one of those" cars, I'd be upset too.
Make sure you have all correspondence written down, dates, names...time to cover your butt.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Once you jack the belt, this will happen. Gotta go thru the whole clutch to fix it, not just a belt replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would think it might be a connector for the coils, I cant say for sure and not related to a side by side but I had a problem like that on my car and it was a connector to the coil that was causing it. Took it to three shops no one could figure it out, not sure if it could relate but food for thought

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not the waste gate. It's either an air metering problem (air filter, vacuum leak,etc) fuel problem ( filter, bad gas, water in gas, fuel pump, etc) or ignition problem. Start on one and start eliminating possibilities.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can pressurize the intake tract by making a plug with an air fitting threaded into it. Pressure it up to 11 or 15psi. If you have a leak that well probably find it. Sounds like it could . also be a sensor. Either MAP or MAF.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts